Weight and balance, ballast, trim when flying alone

Old January 16th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon

Default Weight and balance, ballast, trim when flying alone

On Jan 16, 11:12 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Jon wrote :

On Jan 16, 9:54 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Thomas Borchert wrote
:

Tina,

Bertie, MX may not be overqualified as ballast.

Ah, but he might start to talk.

True..

You'd have to come up with an appropriate method to keep him quiet!

Bertie

""Computer - this is a Class A Priority Directive: Compute, to the
last digit, the value of pi."
"No - no - no - nooooooo!"

Heh heh. You're assuming his brain works n some sort of logical fashion.

For randomly chosen values of 'works'

I think merely being outside of his bedroom would lock his head up

Bertie

I assumed he had (or could afford) a calculator or a pencil. It's not
clear whether perform the arithmetic operations from w/in or outside
the bedroom would affect the accuracy of the result. Runtime
performance might be affected, given other activities going on in the
bedroom that might continue to pre-empt the calculation.
Old January 16th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Jon wrote in
:

On Jan 16, 11:12 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Jon wrote
innews:ff298789-8ea5-4a58-9b57-839f13691077

@f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.c
om:

[...]

OK, I have a headache now.

Bertie

Old January 16th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 16, 10:39 am, Mxsmanic wrote:

Travel is not my objective. In fact, it's one of the things I don't like
about flying for real. One of the practical aspects of simulation is that I
don't have to actually go anywhere when flying.

I suppose you simulate work, trips to the dentist, and exercise since
those are things you don't like?

MSFS may be entertaining, or even quasi-informative, but "practical"
is not an appropriate adjective.

Speak for yourself.

Asserting that flight simulation is "practical" for no apparent useful
function is unreasonable.

Dan

Old January 16th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

MSFS may be entertaining, or even quasi-informative, but "practical"
is not an appropriate adjective.

Speak for yourself.

PS

It's been fun, but I'm heading out to fly a Real Bonanza over the Real
surface of the earth in the Real atmosphere. The refresh rate is
awesome!

Dan
Old January 16th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder writes:

I want you to do an easy experiment that will show you the problem with
a non gravity feed system that uses a "both" position.

Take a glass of water and two drinking straws. Put one of the straws in
the water and hold the other out side of the glass. Now put both straws
in your mouth and suck. Unless you are doing something to block the
straw that isn't in the water you will find it very hard to get a drink.
The same thing happens with a non gravity feed fuel system in the "both"
mode.

Add a fuel pump.

Where would you place the fuel pump to deal with the problem?
Old January 16th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Why, you thinking of becoming ballast?

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

"underqualified" might be what I'd expect from you, yip.

As a flame, or as ballast myself?

Bertie

Nah,
suggesting the simboi was underqualified as ballast.

Old January 16th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote in news:7e4e31d71a563@uwe:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Why, you thinking of becoming ballast?

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

"underqualified" might be what I'd expect from you, yip.

As a flame, or as ballast myself?

Bertie

Nah,
suggesting the simboi was underqualified as ballast.

Ah, OK. depends on what you wnat out of your ballast I suppose!

Bertie
Old January 16th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

writes:

It's been fun, but I'm heading out to fly a Real Bonanza over the Real
surface of the earth in the Real atmosphere. The refresh rate is
awesome!

Be sure to turn crash detection off.
Old January 16th 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

Where would you place the fuel pump to deal with the problem?

That would depend on the aircraft. I don't know where it is placed in a
Bonanza.

L23 weight and balance Tony Verhulst Soaring 5 December 31st 05 01:54 AM
Weight & Balance DVD jon Home Built 0 October 8th 05 05:39 PM
Weight and Balance Dale Larsen Home Built 2 June 23rd 04 05:11 PM
Weight and Balance JP Piloting 2 January 13th 04 10:54 AM
Weight and balance.. Bart Rotorcraft 9 August 19th 03 02:57 AM