The Joy Of Usenet: A message from 'Anonymous'

Old April 3rd 08, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

Default The Joy Of Usenet: A message from 'Anonymous'

Here's a message posted to my blog from the brave Mr "Anonymous":

"YOU are the same Dan from Usenet who has the audacity to claim hoew
****ing wonderful of a pilot you are when you don't have your CFI or a
plane that is worth a ****?"

[Editorial Note: I fly a Bonanza A36, a Bonanza 35 V tail, and C172s
and C182s.]

"Grow the **** up, McCormack. Google GrouperLooser."

[Has problems with spelling -- I'm guessing Mr Anonymous is 13, or
mildly retarded]

"PS. The most fun is watching that idiot FlyBoy kick your goddamned
asshole every other post. keep up the good werk. hahaha "

[It's spelled "work," -- but I'm sure he has little expereince with
the word.]

Well, this one is clearly a credit to himself, his parents, and his
minder.

Dan Mc
Old April 3rd 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Tina

One of the joys of these groups is that they are anonymous: it's
possible to put on display one's inner jerk, the true self. We shrinks
think the actions people take when they are not seen (or in this case
identified) are more a true measure of the worth than those taken when
being observed, or identified.

On Apr 3, 7:29 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dan wrote in news:7f8c0582-a975-4b03-a0eb-
:

Here's a message posted to my blog from the brave Mr "Anonymous":

"YOU are the same Dan from Usenet who has the audacity to claim hoew
****ing wonderful of a pilot you are when you don't have your CFI or a
plane that is worth a ****?"

[Editorial Note: I fly a Bonanza A36, a Bonanza 35 V tail, and C172s
and C182s.]

"Grow the **** up, McCormack. Google GrouperLooser."

[Has problems with spelling -- I'm guessing Mr Anonymous is 13, or
mildly retarded]

"PS. The most fun is watching that idiot FlyBoy kick your goddamned
asshole every other post. keep up the good werk. hahaha "

[It's spelled "work," -- but I'm sure he has little expereince with
the word.]

Well, this one is clearly a credit to himself, his parents, and his
minder.

Yeah, he tried the same crap with me. As well as that he tried forging
me here, whihc kind of blew up in his face. Frankly, even though he
wasn't a very good Bertie, I did appreciate the help.

God I love my k00ks! Jay has real promise.

Bertie

Old April 3rd 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Here's a message posted to my blog from the brave Mr "Anonymous":

That's sad. I may be jinxing things by saying this, but Mary and I have
never, ever faced anything like that, despite years of hosting the
rec.aviation party at OSH (known as the "HOPS Party", by the way, for
"Homebuilt, Owning, Piloting, and Student" -- it's always held on the
Wednesday during OSH -- more on that later), thousands of posts over the
last decade, and being as open and honest about who we are as can be.
Heck, with one click of my signature line, you can see my 800 number and
CALL me on MY nickel. (Which, delightfully, over the years many of you
have! It's been a great pleasure to speak with many newsgroupies, and
several have become good friends.)

Don't call today, though -- I'm not there! (We're off to look at an old
Ercoupe here shortly...)

I have never -- not once -- been faced with an impolite, rude, crude or
scary person in "real life" because of my participation on these groups,
although many have stayed at our hotel. On the contrary, I have met some of
the nicest, most knowledgeable people thanks to these groups -- and
(although the trolls have tried their best to ruin it) I expect that to
continue.

Sure, things can get pretty boisterous around here, and a good, heated
argument breaks out from time to time (as our recent back-and-forth XM
thread will attest) -- but generally pilots are a cut above the rest of
humanity (in my observation) and don't stoop to this sort of crap.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 3rd 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

On Apr 3, 5:11*am, Dan wrote:
Here's a message posted to my blog from the brave Mr "Anonymous":

"YOU are the same Dan from Usenet who has the audacity to claim hoew
****ing wonderful of a pilot you are when you don't have your CFI or a
plane that is worth a ****?"

[Editorial Note: I fly a Bonanza A36, a Bonanza 35 V tail, and C172s
and C182s.]

"Grow the **** up, McCormack. Google GrouperLooser."

[Has problems with spelling -- I'm guessing Mr Anonymous is 13, or
mildly retarded]

"PS. The most fun is watching that idiot FlyBoy kick your goddamned
asshole every other post. keep up the good werk. hahaha "

[It's spelled "work," -- but I'm sure he has little expereince with
the word.]

Well, this one is clearly a credit to himself, his parents, and his
minder.

Dan Mc

I don't see the problem. All that stuff is true.
Old April 3rd 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
buttman

On Apr 3, 6:44*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

I agree. Having said that, I'm pretty much the same real life....

thats a scary thought.
Old April 3rd 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

buttman wrote in news:a8594529-fa4e-4b37-b0d7-
:

On Apr 3, 6:44*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

I agree. Having said that, I'm pretty much the same real life....

thats a scary thought.

You betcha. I eat assholes like you for breakfast there too.

Bertie
Old April 3rd 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

[...]

Yeh, nice try k00kie boi.

You and I know better, though, don't we?

Bertie