172 owners - End the Draft

Old November 15th 04, 12:15 AM
Roger Long

Default 172 owners - End the Draft

Every 172 I've ever flown has had so much air pouring in around the left
doorpost that the pilot's air vent was superfluous. I've thought about
wearing a ski mask for winter flying. I, and many others, have always
thought it was coming in through the stall horn and just something you had
to put up with if you couldn't move up to a 182.

I've just returned from a four hour flight which proves that the windshield
area of a 172 can be as tight as a car. If you want to see how I did it,
click he

Http://baldeagleflyingclub.org/members/Drafts.htm

We still have a slight draft in the same area on the passenger side. That
wing rib does not have the large access hole for the stall horn and pitot
plumbing so the air is probably coming in from the wing root space. Taping
it up should be even easier.

Duct tape forever!

--

Roger Long

Old November 15th 04, 12:39 AM
NW_PILOT

"Roger Long" wrote in message
[...]

Now will your IA require you to have a burn certificate for that duct
tape????

Old November 15th 04, 12:52 AM
Roger Long

They used a little bit of duct tape to seal the windshield when they put it
in. What's a little more?

--

Roger Long

Old November 15th 04, 01:17 AM
tony roberts

I saw the title of the post and thought that Bush had brought in the
draft - lol

Tony
--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old November 15th 04, 02:22 AM
NW_PILOT

"Roger Long" wrote in message
They used a little bit of duct tape to seal the windshield when they put

it
in. What's a little more?

--

Roger Long

That was supposed to be a "funny", "Joke", "Humor", or "hahahahaha"

Old November 15th 04, 02:17 PM
Jay Honeck

I saw the title of the post and thought that Bush had brought in the
draft - lol

After Roger's impassioned pleas during the election, I, too, thought the
same thing when I saw his moniker on the post!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 21st 04, 05:26 PM
Roger

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:17:39 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

I saw the title of the post and thought that Bush had brought in the
draft - lol

After Roger's impassioned pleas during the election, I, too, thought the
same thing when I saw his moniker on the post!

I've never mad an impassioned "plea" in my life.

Now passion in another time and place...with different company...No
offence mean.:-))

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

:-)

Old November 21st 04, 11:01 PM
Roger Long

Roger?

Eh, Roger.

Roger, Roger.

Roger?

Roger.

Who's on first?

Roger....

Roger, Roger

--

Roger Long

Old November 21st 04, 11:43 PM
Jay Honeck

I've never mad an impassioned "plea" in my life.

Now passion in another time and place...with different company...No
offence mean.:-))

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)

Sorry, Roger. Wrong Roger.

Roger, wilco.