Dead Board

Old February 6th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Dead Board

I can't believe this board is so dead in the water. For some more up to
date info and action, visit JH and the alternate forum. I try to keep
breathing life into this NG but am giving up all hope. Just check it
out...how many posts in how many days vs on JH.....??

Old February 6th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:

I can't believe this board is so dead in the water. For some more up to
date info and action, visit JH and the alternate forum. I try to keep
breathing life into this NG but am giving up all hope. Just check it
out...how many posts in how many days vs on JH.....??

It's a sad fact but I couldn't agree with you more.

I've tried to do my bit, but as a general lurker and armchair pilot
there is only so much I can do.

You would think this group would be chock a block with people but the
usage shows different.

What is the JH and alternate forum your talking about.
Old February 6th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

www.justhelicopters.com I suppose?
Jester

Old February 7th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

wrote:

www.justhelicopters.com I suppose?
Jester

Thanks for the info.
Old February 8th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

I visited JH and IMHO it is aimed at the professional helo pilot. I could
find little interesting information for a recreation helo pilot. I was and
am still hoping that this NG would swing more toward recreational aviation
rotorcraft. The few postings that I have made didn't seem to fit in with
the present set. I see more postings about UH-1s, Agusta, R-44 etc and I
don't think that many of these are involved in recreational operations. If
the recreation part of this NG is mainly talking about certified and large
professionally operated helicopters then obviously, I'm in the wrong group.
We publish 6 times a year a magazine dedicated to the experimental
helicopter field which now includes from ultralites to the 4 passenger
Hummingbird. I would sure like to find an active NG that was more oriented
toward the personally owned, recreationally operated helicopters. With
poster's permission, I would use the NG data as basis for magazine
articles. Any ideas??--

Stuart Fields
Experimental Helo magazine
P. O. Box 1585
Inyokern, CA 93527
(760) 377-4478
(760) 408-9747 general and layout cell
(760) 608-1299 technical and advertising cell

www.vkss.com
www.experimentalhelo.com

oups.com...

Old February 9th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 17:40:06 GMT, "Dave Jackson"
wrote:

Perhaps one of the reasons is that the forums are HTML and can include
pictures etc., whereas the newsgroups are limited to ASCII.

I've been on usenet a LONG time (since the late 80s or so) and the
text only format isn't a big deal. I don't need pretty pics to get
the info I'm looking for.

Maybe the post shortage is due to the fact people just don't know
about usenet. A lot of people I know who've been in the IT field as
long as I have (or should say "was") still get a quizzical look on
their face when I utter that word. Perhaps you should mention this
group in your mag Stu....

I have no problem with using my posts here for article "seed" Stu..
If I could afford my own ship, I'd be sure to post my "exploits" and
"issues" here for your use.

I still read what is posted here. Someday if I'm able to fly again I
want to fly in the Sport Pilot Category so that limits what I can fly. I
want 2 seats and at least some room for camping for several days. I did
ask about the RAF2000 Gyro and received some good information here.

I could use more if someone would like to continue the thread. In my 25
years in the US Army I flew UH1 B, D and H's of course, everyone that
long in the US Army Aviation has flown those. OH58 A, C, and D's
(AHIP), AH-1G,Q,S Modified, and S Modernized

I flew a season with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and met my new
wife there. I got lucky, she's a great wife.

The reason I'm Looking specifically at Gyros is just for the ease of
maintenance and the cost. I don't care about the slow cruise. I ferried
(is that a word???) OH58's cross country and am used to 90 knots, or a
bit slower, cruise speed.

There was some discussion on a modification needed to the RAF2000 and I
would like reading more about it. And of course any other Gyro with 2
seats and initial cost below $30.000, ideally cost below $2500.00 would
be better.

What is out there in the Sport Plane Category?????

And second, I would be happy to read exploits. No one flies rotorcraft
for very long without something(some things) happening and I find it
interesting to read about them.

--

boB,

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Old February 9th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

DownLoader boB wrote:

There was some discussion on a modification needed to the RAF2000 and I
would like reading more about it. And of course any other Gyro with 2
seats and initial cost below $30.000, ideally cost below $2500.00 would
be better.

Below $2,500 would be great but I meant below $25,000.00

--

DownLoader boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Old February 9th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

In April The Joy of Flight Sun n Fun will take place (Lakeland Florida) at
that annual event there will be several Gyroplanes, ultralites,and home
built helicopters. It is a joy to attend 6 days of non stop flying..
http://www.sun-n-fun.org/content
The Florida chapter of the Vietnam Helicopter Pilots association always has
a exhibit and is educational about what we flew and how we lived in
Vietnam...
I as well enjoyed the large Army Helicopters CH34's CH21's plus all the
versions of the Bell plants but the idea of a small single place helicopter
is kin to a set of very fast tires on a crotch rocket or on a black diamond
run at Jackson Hole.. hard to beat.

Art Cline | CW3 Retired | US Army |Senior Aviator | Combat Wounded
Win xp Pro | DW 7000 | Maxwellsatellite.com Tripod | Southwind 35P
Find Me at | http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=2028
Old February 10th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Simon Robbins wrote:
DownLoader boB wrote:

I still read what is posted here.

Me too. I just haven't got any news to post. (Other than I had my last
chemo dose today so am now finally beginning the uphill road to better
health and flight status!)

Si

That is great news. Get better quick......

--

DownLoader boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)