First Call -- You're Invited to TWO Oshkosh Parties!

Old May 9th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default First Call -- You're Invited to TWO Oshkosh Parties!

He's 91, and his knees are so bad he can't get in or out of it. So,
naturally I volunteered to help him out. He buys the gas, and I fly the
airplane. I'm 21 hours into the phase 1 testing(25). It is a dirty, nasty
job, but hey, someone's got to do it.

Wow. A guy building airplanes at 91, who then lets you fly it -- for free?

You must've been born under a lucky star. What a great set-up!

I have access to a good supply of Bogwater Ale, from a small Coastal
brewery(It tastes a lot better than it sounds).

It would have to be! I'll look forward to sampling it...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 9th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Oh no! You're saying I'm not a pilot!

Bwawhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwh!

Try another, fjukktard.

Bertie

You act like a 12 year old, and lie about everything else. Why should we
believe you can fly.

Every time a question comes up you have to "check with your guy" and get
back to us. I think your just a bag of ****.

Anyone can look it up. Hell, even your little brother Anthony can do
that!!!!

Old May 9th 08, 06:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Jack Allison

Jay Honeck wrote:

Winner of "Best Beer Brought to the HOPS Party" wins a certificate for a
free night in one of our aviation themed hot-tub suites, and any other
prizes that the HOPS party committee may devise. (I'm thinking a bag of
Burns potatoes from Jim & Tami, or perhaps some old Intel chips from Mr.
Allison?)

Lays chips, ok. Intel chips, you gotta by 'em retail. Hmmm, then
again, if you want an "old Intel chip", I could let you have the 90 MHz
Pentium that's in my....keychain! :-)

See, now you can write your entire journey to OSH off as a business
expense, Mr. Beer Consultant....

;-)

Sounds like Jay wanted to give up the beer pooh-bah title.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old May 9th 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Jack Allison

Jim Burns wrote:
As evidenced by how fast the Bombay Sapphire disappeared, even AFTER we ran
out of tonic, I think I won.
Jim

I vow to make sure we don't run out of tonic this year. By the time Jim
mixed up my G&T, there was way too little tonic. Funny, didn't stop Jim
from making sure the Gin was gone :-)

Old May 9th 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Jack Allison

RST Engineering wrote:
Regrets from the Left Coast. After 33/34 years of dragging a ton of
aluminum from Kalifornia to Winnebago County Airpatch, Gail and I have
decided that there are other things we want to do with our big summer splash
than OSH. We may make every OTHER year, or every THIRD year, but not EVERY
year.

Rats, you guys will be missed Jim. As for me, I'm opting for the
aluminum tube transport method to keep some of the costs down. I have a
bunch of travel planned over the summer so need to rearrange the AMUs
accordingly.

Old May 9th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Jim Burns[_2_]

As we had plenty of limes, the G&T's simply became gin gimlets. We'll just
call it a navigational diversion to our alternate as filed.
Jim

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
. ..

Old May 9th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Jack Allison

Jim Burns wrote:
As we had plenty of limes, the G&T's simply became gin gimlets. We'll just
call it a navigational diversion to our alternate as filed.

Forgot about the abundance of limes. So you were two for three in terms
of ingredient quantity...withing PTS standards. The real question is
did Paul have the scooter and if so, why did the lack of tonic continue
to be a problem?

Old May 9th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Jack Allison

Jim Burns wrote:
Problem? What problem? lol
Jim

Ah, let me clarify Mr. bar tender who drinks what he mixes.

For those of us who didn't make it to the G&T line in time....

Obviously Paul made it to the line ahead of me. He's going to claim
that Greg/Graig/*somebody* "just had to have the scooter", ergo he
couldn't head over to Pic & Save for more tonic.

Old May 9th 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Jim Burns[_2_]

Problem? What problem? lol
Jim

Old May 9th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:YwOUj.2535$hJ1.664
@newsfe17.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Oh no! You're saying I'm not a pilot!

Bwawhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwh!

Try another, fjukktard.

Bertie

You act like a 12 year old, and lie about everything else. Why should

we
believe you can fly.

Don't.

Every time a question comes up you have to "check with your guy" and

get
back to us. I think your just a bag of ****.

Nope. I've done that a couple of times, period.

Anyone can look it up. Hell, even your little brother Anthony can do
that!!!!

Bwqahwhahwhahwhhahwh!

yeh, of course he can.

Bertie