Glenview: 'The Glen' an artifical place of bill****. GLENVIEW NAVAL AIR STATION ruled!

Old April 8th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,chi.general

Default Glenview: 'The Glen' an artifical place of bill****. GLENVIEW NAVAL AIR STATION ruled!

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/235...asrules0pu.jpg

an F-15 Eagle (F-15E Strike Eagle?) at the Glenview Naval Air
Station......... before the disgusting anti-american politicians
decided to close the base down....and before GNAS became an artifical
bubble of wasteland-suburbia *within* the suburb-villiage of Glenview.

I miss the jets roaring overhead. now there is nothing but high price
homes and BULL****

they should have closed down Glenbrook South High School instead. now
THAT was a place worth closing down.

Old April 8th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,chi.general

In article . com,
wrote:

I miss the jets roaring overhead. now there is nothing but high price
homes and BULL****

I like to fish that big pond they have there.

Whenever I'm there, strangers come up and talk with me and never once
have any of them asked for money.
Old April 8th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,chi.general

In chi.general wrote:
:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/235...asrules0pu.jpg

: an F-15 Eagle (F-15E Strike Eagle?) at the Glenview Naval Air
: Station......... before the disgusting anti-american politicians
: decided to close the base down....and before GNAS became an artifical
: bubble of wasteland-suburbia *within* the suburb-villiage of Glenview.

Well, I'm not positive from that picture, but I'd bet the Navy would rather
close the base than show off Air Force equipment like a F-15.

I'd guess it's a F-14. (http://www.topedge.com/alley/images/f14d/f14d124e.htm)

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
Old April 8th 06, 07:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,chi.general

In chi.general Scott en Aztln wrote:
: On 7 Apr 2006 20:49:10 -0700, wrote:

:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/235...asrules0pu.jpg
:
:an F-15 Eagle (F-15E Strike Eagle?) at the Glenview Naval Air
:Station......... before the disgusting anti-american politicians
:decided to close the base down....and before GNAS became an artifical
:bubble of wasteland-suburbia *within* the suburb-villiage of Glenview.
:
:I miss the jets roaring overhead. now there is nothing but high price
:homes and BULL****

: Ah, so THAT'S what I smell as I drive west on Willow Road...

Aren't you like way west of there? Like in the state of California west?

Anyway, what you probably smelled was the garbage dump that was just north
of Glenview... that was where that british bomber crashed that had came to
the Chicago Air Show back in the 80's (was it late 70's?).

I think it's a golf course now...

Old April 8th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,chi.general

it is definitally an F-15 Eagle. which is an Air Force fighter. I
just don't know if it's an F-15C or an F-15E Strike Eagle.

I lived in Glenview for over 12 years. USAF planes landed at
Glenview Naval Air Station all the time. they came right over my
house. F-15s, F-16s and A-10s, in regular, non-crisis times.

then during the first gulf war, i saw a bunch of A-10s either landing
or taking off from GNAS

I saw a B-52 there, and the ThunderBirds (F-16s) and B-1B Lancer
Bombers used GNAS for the Chicago Air & Water Show.

I've seen non-Navy cargo planes at GNAS too. not a C-5 Galaxy but one
of the smaller ones.

in addition to all the Navy F-14 Tomcats, and F/A-18 Hornets and P-3
Orions.

someone out there must be able to confirm what i am saying.

Old April 8th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,chi.general

In article ,
Scott en Aztl?n wrote:

...And a ****load of million-dollar townhouses...

no, not that expensive....
Old April 8th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,chi.general

wrote in message
oups.com...
it is definitally an F-15 Eagle. which is an Air Force fighter. I
just don't know if it's an F-15C or an F-15E Strike Eagle.

Since the F-15A and C (with the exception of two TF-15A development
aircraft) are single cockpit aircraft and the F-15B/D/E are dual cockpit
aircraft you might take another look at the photo.

Tex

Old April 8th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,chi.general

thanks!

Old April 8th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,chi.general

it's difficult to tell from the photo - but I am leaning towards it
being the F-15E Strike Eagle. there*seems* to be a second cockpit.
and also the Strike Eagles were painted darker, as one one in the photo
seems to be.

even if it's not a Strike Eagle, it's still definitally an F-15 of some
kind,
and not an F-14, that I am 100% certain of.