Another who pays question

Old March 29th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default Another who pays question

Since when is operating the radar on the ground with people around part of a
pre-flight check list? It certainly isn't in my POH.

Don't you think the installer should have at least checked the operation
prior to releasing the plane?

The problem with avionics shops is that they seem to use installers
who couldn't cut it at Best Buy installing car stereos. I've watched
'em work on my plane (three different shops, in three different
states) and in every instance the guy who was doing the actual work,
hanging upside down from the seats, was a real mouth-breather who may
have been a good bench-tech, but appeared to have little experience or
common sense.

I always assumed that I got those guys working on my plane because I
fly a lowly Cherokee -- "Hey, let's let Bob learn the ropes on that
guy's plane!" -- but maybe it's universal?

Of course, at some shops a Baron would be considered "entry level" --
so it's all relative.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 29th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
karl gruber[_1_]

It is always on the "lineup" (pre-takeoff) checklist of every RADAR equipped
airplane I've flown.

What airplanes have you flown with RADAR?

RADAR systems have a POH supplement. It's in there.

Karl
"Curator" N185KG

Try and read posts more slowly so you can understand better. At your airport
do you have people walking on the runway while you take off?

Old March 29th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Mar 29, 9:30 am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
[...]

Ok, Jay, I gotta axe, what is a " real mouth- breather"? Jus
curious and all...

Old March 30th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Ok, Jay, I gotta axe, what is a " real mouth- breather"? Jus
curious and all...

You know, he's that guy standing there with the dim look in his eye
and his mouth hanging open, often with that weird dried crusty crud in
the corners of his mouth. In the "city version" (circa 1967) he
would have a pocket protecter in his shirt pocket, and perhaps a slide-
rule in his back pocket.

See the movie "Deliverance" for further references to the "country
version".

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 30th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Margy Natalie

Jay Honeck wrote:
Ok, Jay, I gotta axe, what is a " real mouth- breather"? Jus
curious and all...

You know, he's that guy standing there with the dim look in his eye
and his mouth hanging open, often with that weird dried crusty crud in
the corners of his mouth. In the "city version" (circa 1967) he
would have a pocket protecter in his shirt pocket, and perhaps a slide-
rule in his back pocket.

See the movie "Deliverance" for further references to the "country
version".

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Jay, Jay, Jay,

You don't get it, a mouth-breather typically has an IQ of 60 - 70
whereas your city version typically has an IQ of 140-185. Neither is
very social, but there are many differences.

Margy

Who pays? Viperdoc[_4_] Owning 15 March 30th 07 04:31 AM
It Pays to be a Pilot Seth Masia Piloting 5 November 23rd 05 11:46 AM
Reading R.A.O. pays off The Weiss Family Owning 23 September 14th 04 03:02 PM
Black Hawk unit pays tribute to aviators Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 June 26th 04 10:31 PM
Israel pays the price for buying only Boeing (and not Airbus) Tarver Engineering Military Aviation 57 July 8th 03 12:23 AM