H2AD Question

Old March 30th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default H2AD Question

One of the fellows I fly with is building an RV-3 with an O-320-H2AD
Lycoming. He has searched the Web for an answer but didn't know about Usenet
till now.

His question concerns the mechanical fuel pump. It is located on the front
of that series of engine. Has anyone runs fuel lines under the engine to the
front without vapor lock issues? Or does anyone skip the mechanical pump and
install 2 electric pumps? Has anyone run the fuel lines on the top side of
the engine even it may be a fire hazard?

D.

Old March 30th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article ,
"Capt.Doug" wrote:

One of the fellows I fly with is building an RV-3 with an O-320-H2AD
Lycoming. He has searched the Web for an answer but didn't know about Usenet
till now.

His question concerns the mechanical fuel pump. It is located on the front
of that series of engine. Has anyone runs fuel lines under the engine to the
front without vapor lock issues? Or does anyone skip the mechanical pump and
install 2 electric pumps? Has anyone run the fuel lines on the top side of
the engine even it may be a fire hazard?

D.

Why would that be any more of a fire hazard than running the fuel line
under the engine? I would think that running the line in the cooler air
than near such things as exhaust pipes, etc.
Old April 2nd 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
Why would that be any more of a fire hazard than running the fuel line
under the engine? I would think that running the line in the cooler air
than near such things as exhaust pipes, etc.

A&P Mechanic General Handbook states that fuel lines should be routed under
engines and wire bundles in case the lines start to leak fuel.

D.

Old February 28th 09, 02:06 AM
ppxdf ppxdf is offline
Junior Member

I have some questions about the mechanical fuel pump as well.
to be honest, I am worried
I hope someone could help me,
I just have bought a H2AD for my low-wing plane. So, I decided to buy a fuel pump p/n LW-15399 from my part catalog Lyc_pc-122.pdf.
After buy it from spruce, I had a big suprise at installation time, because I cant see nothing to move the arm of my fuel pump, I just see a hole whithout the camshaft extension to move the fuel pump.
I cant see installation details in the catalog and I am worried about it.
Any help will be very grateful.
Regards.
Helio

ps:
please see what I see in my O320-H2AD fuel pump location, and tell me understand why that:
http://www.ppxdf.com/h2ad/image_1.jpg
http://www.ppxdf.com/h2ad/image_2.jpg
http://www.ppxdf.com/h2ad/image_3.jpg
http://www.ppxdf.com/h2ad/image_4.jpg
http://www.ppxdf.com/h2ad/image_5.jpg
http://www.ppxdf.com/h2ad/image_6.jpg

Lyc. O-360 cylinder question JB Owning 13 November 27th 04 10:32 PM
Handheld battery question RobsSanta General Aviation 8 September 19th 04 03:07 PM
A question on Airworthiness Inspection Dave S Home Built 1 August 10th 04 05:07 AM
Question Charles S Home Built 4 April 5th 04 09:10 PM
Partnership Question Harry Gordon Owning 4 August 16th 03 11:23 PM