Celebrity Pilots

Old February 21st 05, 03:39 AM
Jay Honeck

Default Celebrity Pilots

While contemplating a "Celebrity Pilot's Suite" (or something like that) I
was just absent-mindedly searching the FAA database for movie stars, and
found this:
Name : JOLIE, ANGELINA
Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5240
FAA Region : Western/Pacific
Date of Medical : Jun, 2004
Class of Medical : 3
Expiration of Class 3 privileges : Jun, 2007
Airman Certificates : Student Pilot
: Private Pilot (foreign based)
Airplane Single Engine Land
Any idea what the "Private Pilot (foreign based)" is all about? Does this
mean she's certificated in other countries that our own FAA doesn't
recognize as legit?

I know Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise are pilots, but can you list any others?

Anyone know how to get in touch with these folks? I presume the addresses
listed in the database really aren't where they live, but it would be fun to
have pictures of each celebrity pilot in the suite, preferably
autographed...

Any ideas?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 21st 05, 04:18 AM
Mike W.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

I know Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise are pilots, but can you list any

others?

John Travolta and Morgan freeman come to mind, I'm sure there are many
others.

Old February 21st 05, 04:35 AM
tony roberts

A John Denver Suite would be good

Tony

In article vRbSd.33890$tl3.31990@attbi_s02,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

While contemplating a "Celebrity Pilot's Suite" (or something like that) I
was just absent-mindedly searching the FAA database for movie stars, and
found this:
Name : JOLIE, ANGELINA
Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5240
FAA Region : Western/Pacific
Date of Medical : Jun, 2004
Class of Medical : 3
Expiration of Class 3 privileges : Jun, 2007
Airman Certificates : Student Pilot
: Private Pilot (foreign based)
Airplane Single Engine Land
Any idea what the "Private Pilot (foreign based)" is all about? Does this
mean she's certificated in other countries that our own FAA doesn't
recognize as legit?

I know Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise are pilots, but can you list any others?

Anyone know how to get in touch with these folks? I presume the addresses
listed in the database really aren't where they live, but it would be fun to
have pictures of each celebrity pilot in the suite, preferably
autographed...

Any ideas?

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
VFR OTT
Night
Cessna 172H C-GICE
Old February 21st 05, 04:39 AM
Chris Ehlbeck

Jimmy Buffett. He owns his own air force, or at least his wife says so.
--
Chris Ehlbeck, PP-ASEL
"It's a license to learn, have fun and buy really expensive hamburgers."

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
While contemplating a "Celebrity Pilot's Suite" (or something like that) I
was just absent-mindedly searching the FAA database for movie stars, and
found this:
Name : JOLIE, ANGELINA
Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5240
FAA Region : Western/Pacific
Date of Medical : Jun, 2004

Old February 21st 05, 04:58 AM
Casey Wilson

Stephen Coonts, author of the "Intruder" novel series. Owns a few airplanes
including the Cannibal Queen, a beautiful Steerman.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
While contemplating a "Celebrity Pilot's Suite" (or something like that) I
was just absent-mindedly searching the FAA database for movie stars, and
found this:
Name : JOLIE, ANGELINA
Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5240
FAA Region : Western/Pacific
Date of Medical : Jun, 2004

Old February 21st 05, 05:18 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Mike W." wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

I know Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise are pilots, but can you list any

others?

John Travolta and Morgan freeman come to mind, I'm sure there are many
others.

A few mo

Dustin Hoffman
Mark Martin
Danny Glover
Tom Cruise
Patrick Swayze
Jack Rausch
George W. Bush
Don Rumsfeld
Tom Daschle
Warren Burger
Daniel Bloomberg
William F. Buckley
Neal Boortz
Ken Hamblin
Old February 21st 05, 05:19 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article 20dSd.35977$wc.15629@trnddc07,
"Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com wrote:

Stephen Coonts, author of the "Intruder" novel series. Owns a few airplanes
including the Cannibal Queen, a beautiful Steerman.

It is a "Stearman," not a "Steerman."

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
While contemplating a "Celebrity Pilot's Suite" (or something like that) I
was just absent-mindedly searching the FAA database for movie stars, and
found this:
Name : JOLIE, ANGELINA
Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5240
FAA Region : Western/Pacific
Date of Medical : Jun, 2004

Old February 21st 05, 05:24 AM
Bob Fry

Orval Fairbairn writes:

Dustin Hoffman
Mark Martin
Danny Glover
Tom Cruise
Patrick Swayze
Jack Rausch
George W. Bush
Don Rumsfeld
Tom Daschle
Warren Burger
Daniel Bloomberg
William F. Buckley
Neal Boortz
Ken Hamblin

How many of these are active? For instance, W. flew only during his
National Guard time, not before or after.

Add John Kerry, an active pilot.
Old February 21st 05, 05:41 AM
Bob Gardner

I sure wouldn't count George W. as a pilot. I'm sure that there are
thousands of ex-military pilots who are no longer in the pilot
community...they never converted to civil airman status.

Readers of mystery fiction should include Stuart Woods in the list.

Bob Gardner

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news

Old February 21st 05, 05:44 AM