National Geographic December issue

Old December 5th 03, 07:57 PM
Michael 182

Default National Geographic December issue

The Dec issue is mostly dedicated to flying, given the centenniel.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/

Not sure if NG is sold at news stands, but if it is it is worth getting.

Michael

Old December 6th 03, 11:49 AM
Big John

Michael

Saw that issue on rack in front of check out at Barnes & Noble
yesterday. 12/05/03

Bg John

Old December 6th 03, 02:32 PM
Jay Honeck

Saw that issue on rack in front of check out at Barnes & Noble
yesterday. 12/05/03

The magazine, as always, is extremely well done.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 6th 03, 04:15 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Big John wrote:

Saw that issue on rack in front of check out at Barnes & Noble
yesterday. 12/05/03

George Patterson
Some people think they hear a call to the priesthood when what they really
hear is a tiny voice whispering "It's indoor work with no heavy lifting".
Old December 6th 03, 05:34 PM
Big John

George

Don't have to buy. B & N has a policy you can sit in their reading
room and read anything on their shelves.

My post to thread by the way was in reply to a query if National
Geographic was sold on news stands vs by subscription only.

Big John

Old December 6th 03, 09:50 PM
Rob Perkins

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:32:24 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Saw that issue on rack in front of check out at Barnes & Noble
yesterday. 12/05/03

The magazine, as always, is extremely well done.

It has fantasting production quality, as has always been the case. But
the choice of topics has been too uncomfortably connected with
whichever political story happens to be in the forefront, so much so
that three years ago I cancelled our subscription.

Great Maps. Wonderful Pictures. Obvious Agenda Since About 1995. The
reporting on the history of flight is probably enough of an exception
that I'll consider thinking about making an effort to suggest buying a
newsstand copy.

Rob

Old December 6th 03, 10:43 PM
MLenoch

Obvious Agenda Since About 1995

They do seem to have topics that have an agenda. I agree. For the sake of the
discussion, what's your take on it? To sell more magazines? To be more
contemporary? Etc.??
Thx,
VL
Old December 6th 03, 10:55 PM
Dave Stadt

"MLenoch" wrote in message
Obvious Agenda Since About 1995

They do seem to have topics that have an agenda. I agree. For the sake

of the
discussion, what's your take on it? To sell more magazines? To be more
contemporary? Etc.??
Thx,
VL

The _agenda_ they base their TV programs on makes it unwatchable. It has
become just like watching any of the network news programs. I see it as a
lack of creativity. NG has gone from a leader to a me to.

Old December 6th 03, 11:39 PM
Casey Wilson

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
.com...

"MLenoch" wrote in message
Obvious Agenda Since About 1995

They do seem to have topics that have an agenda. I agree. For the sake

of the
discussion, what's your take on it? To sell more magazines? To be more
contemporary? Etc.??
Thx,
VL

The _agenda_ they base their TV programs on makes it unwatchable. It has
become just like watching any of the network news programs. I see it as a
lack of creativity. NG has gone from a leader to a me to.

You've lost me here. How are you defining _agenda_? The question is
directed to both you and Mr. Lenoch.

Old December 6th 03, 11:56 PM
Dave Stadt

"Casey Wilson" wrote in message

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
.com...

"MLenoch" wrote in message
Obvious Agenda Since About 1995

They do seem to have topics that have an agenda. I agree. For the

sake
of the
discussion, what's your take on it? To sell more magazines? To be

more
contemporary? Etc.??
Thx,
VL

The _agenda_ they base their TV programs on makes it unwatchable. It

has
become just like watching any of the network news programs. I see it as

lack of creativity. NG has gone from a leader to a me to.

You've lost me here. How are you defining _agenda_? The question is
directed to both you and Mr. Lenoch.

In my opinion it appears NG TV has taken up political agendas. Cute dumb
announcers and the whole bit.

16 Aug 2004 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 August 17th 04 12:37 AM
Bush's Attempt to Usurp the Constitution WalterM140 Military Aviation 20 July 2nd 04 04:09 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
December issue of Citizen Airman available Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 November 26th 03 09:20 PM