new GPS Visualizer features: tickmarks & text entry

Old April 24th 04, 08:32 PM
Adam Schneider

Default new GPS Visualizer features: tickmarks & text entry

Hi all,

There's a couple of new features in GPS Visualizer which may be of
interest to people:

* You can now put "tickmarks" on a tracklog at a given interval.
For instance, every mile or every 10 kilometers. (For now, it only
works by distance, but in the future I may figure out how to add
tickmarks by time.) Look for "Tickmark interval" in the map form.

* There is now a special "waypoint form" where you can simply type in
coordinates. This is useful if you don't have a GPS data file or you
want to see a single point (a geocache, for instance). Just click on
"waypoint form" from the GPS Visualizer map form, or go to this URL:
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map?for...oints&ref=news

* GPS Visualizer can read Garmin Forerunner Logbook XML files directly.
I also have a utility available to split those enormous files into
individual runs: http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/forerunner/

* I've also made some more behind-the-scenes changes to fix a few bugs
and such. And the Canadian backgrounds have some new details on them.

And the usual introductory spiel for the uninitiated: GPS Visualizer is
a free, web-based, platform-independent program that takes your GPS
data files, in a variety of formats, and generates customizable maps or
profiles as standard browser-viewable SVG drawings. Its URL is:

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/

Have fun, and let me know if you have any problems -- especially with
the new tickmarks thing.

Adam Schneider
adamschneider.net

..