A question about the Transall C160

Old September 29th 03, 02:25 PM
tscottme

Skysurfer wrote in message
. 0.32...

It's true that USA is the friend of good democracies such as Pakistan,
Saudi Arabia and Kuwait where the terrorists don't come from ...

That's funny coming from Hitlerstan.

So you wouldn't throw a hissy fit if the US toppled those regimes? The
truth is, if the US isn't toppling the regimes people like you blame us.
If the US is toppling the regime, people like you blame us. That's why
most of us, except for the Euro-craving liberals don't give a flip if
Europe approves or disapproves of most things, especially when we see it
as a matter of our national interest.

You can't even say with a straight face that if the US started to put
heavy pressure, even threatening military force, on Saudi Arabia you and
everybody you know would immediately say "it's all about the oil".
There's no pleasing people like you and it may make you feel important
for Americans to hear your opinion, in fact you're wasting your time.
We've got several decades of noticing how the world would be in a
dreadful condition if we followed the vacillating desires of Europeans.
Certainly we would be poorer and weaker and have less freedom. Try
going another decade or two without invading your neighbors or try
contributing to a Euro Defense Corp during good and bad economic times
and then tell us how responsible you are.

--

Scott
--------

Old September 29th 03, 02:35 PM
tscottme

shonen wrote in message
I put a wee bit off info under the first thread, after a brief

diversion to
Cuba.

Actually, after the above, crap, I don't think the Americans deserve

allies.
Bring our troops back and **** 'em. We're not going to get any thanks

if our
troops are in Iraq or Afghanistan so let the American troops die.

Opps, now I'm starting to rant! But those ignorant fools really ****

me off.

More empty promises from people that won't assume the full
responsibility of national security. Dependence breeds resentment.

--

Scott
--------

Old September 29th 03, 02:39 PM
tscottme

Skysurfer wrote in message
. 0.32...
tscottme wrote :

Maybe the French are just weak and naive?

Who is naive to believe that Irak was behind spetember the 11th ?

I guess you mean the UK's Guardian newspaper and the other news sources
that document the hijack training site at Salmon Pak. Nobody has
officially claimed Iraq was behind Sept 11. There are some suspicions,
and there is evidence that Iraq was behind the 1993 WTC bombing.

--

Scott
--------

Old September 29th 03, 03:19 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:48:17 +0200, Guy Wastiaux
wrote:

tscottme wrote:
France has an army?

--

Scott
--------
"Interestingly, we started to lose this war only after the embedded
reporters pulled out. Back when we got the news directly from Iraq,
there was victory and optimism. Now that the news is filtered through
the mainstream media here in America, all we hear is death and
destruction and quagmire..." Ann Coulter
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2003/091703.htm

Hey what's the matter scotty ? Did you get too much pigeon **** while in
Paris ? French chicks don't want to make love to you ?
I feel sorry for you : it seems you're just repeating what Dubya said on
Fox News without trying to understand what & why he said that.
Perhaps you're one of those ugly fat people I saw in NYC : you know
those rednecks weighting 'bout 400 lbs
Btw, how the US troops doing in Liberia ? Why have they gone ? That
Taylor punk is a true terrorist, why don't you guys go & beat the crap
outta him ?

Taylor is gone from Liberia. Get a clue.

Al Minyard
Old September 29th 03, 03:21 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:43:42 +0200, "ArVa" wrote:

"tscottme" a écrit dans le message de
Brian wrote in message
Anyone have any data in regards to the types of military vehicles and

number
carried that could fit inside the plane for air transport?

Looking at the French Army vehicle mainly - thanks in advance

Brian

France has an army?

Let's let Gen. James L. Jones, USMC, NATO Supreme Commander, answer your
(smart and intellectually honest) question :

" France has probably the most expeditionary army [i.e., ready to deploy to
distant battlefields] in Europe. And writ large. They have impressive
military capabilities across the whole spectrum of operations. They're good
at peacekeeping; their Air Force is modern, state of the art; their Navy is
modern; their land Army I know about because I served with them in northern
Iraq 11 years ago, and I know their generals-this is a very, very fine army
".

He made this statement in an interview last week with Newsweek :
http://www.msnbc.com/news/972918.asp. There are other sources besides Fox
News, you know...

ArVa

That is called "being diplomatic", which is not the same as being
"honest". The french armed forces are an international joke.

Al Minyard
Old September 29th 03, 03:25 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:30:01 +0200, "ArVa" wrote:

"Chad Irby" a écrit dans le message de
. com...
"...most expeditionary army in Europe." That's not saying much,
especially since it would take them six months to get any of that army
overseas without American help.

!?

...and there are other Generals besides ones who grew up in France.

Sure... But if more Americans and French knew better the other country, its
history, its culture and its political system, maybe we wouldn't experience
the current situation...

"Continental sensibilities" means he says nice diplomatic things about
the Europeans he has to work with on a regular basis.

It's a bit true but nevertheless a nice comment by an American official is
so rare these days that it had to be underlined... :-)

If he were telling the truth, he'd be the *former* NATO Supreme

Commander...

And what would be such a truth? Hmm?
By the way, as you speak of former NATO commanders, here is what says
another one of them :

"if you really want allies, you got to listen to their opinions, you've got
to take them seriously, you've got to work with their issues. Every one of
our allied leaders is an elected leader, at least in Europe. And that means
they have domestic politics and political factors at home and economic
factors at home that influence their opinions. And those have to be
respected just like we would expect them to respect us for our political
system in the United States.
If we deal with our allies on a basis of respect, if we give them the
opportunity and the evidence and the arguments and the analysis that's
needed to help shape their public opinions, then we can expect them to go
along with us." Wesley Clark.

I don't know if he has any real chance to be your next president, but the
current administration would be inspired to take one or two of his ideas in
condideration...

ArVa

So who said we want france as an ally? They have caused us nothing but
grief. Wesley Clark has zero chance of becoming the US President,
partially because of comments like the one above.

Al Minyard
Old September 29th 03, 05:33 PM
Guy Wastiaux

YEah cool he's gone out of Liberia with all the money there was. Do you
honestly think a guy like him will accept to leave his 'throne' just
because the US sent a few marines ?
From where I stand, it's as good as if he was still there.I wouldn't be
surprised if he tried to take some advantage back some way or another,
a bit like Saddam. You know, that guy you guys can't catch

Alan Minyard wrote:

Taylor is gone from Liberia. Get a clue.

Al Minyard

--
Guy Wastiaux
aka FauCon PoiLu
visit me @ http://guy.4002.org/
mail me @ faucon.Wastiaux @ laposte.net

Old September 29th 03, 05:37 PM
Guy Wastiaux

Halliburton won 'bout $2 bn in rebuilding contracts in Iraq. Now who's
making the big money ?

Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
Skysurfer wrote:

Who is naive to believe that Irak was behind spetember the 11th ?

Who is corrupt enough to look the other way on Iraq so TotalFinaElf can
make a lot of money?

Old September 29th 03, 05:45 PM
Guy Wastiaux

"AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. – The Air Force Academy will reconsider its
plan to deny rape victims confidentiality after an independent
commission said such confidentiality could be crucial in solving the
academy's sexual assault scandal."

I think that's your major problem : you're not getting enough sex. Our
pilots don't rape girls at the academy.

Alan Minyard wrote:

That is called "being diplomatic", which is not the same as being
"honest". The french armed forces are an international joke.

Al Minyard

--
Guy Wastiaux
aka FauCon PoiLu
visit me @ http://guy.4002.org/
mail me @ faucon.Wastiaux @ laposte.net

GPT (Gulfport MS) ILS 14 question A Lieberman Instrument Flight Rules 18 January 30th 05 04:51 PM
Question Charles S Home Built 4 April 5th 04 09:10 PM
Tecumseh Engine Mounting Question jlauer Home Built 7 November 16th 03 01:51 AM