Preferred Routes on the net

Old March 14th 04, 08:37 PM
Roy Smith

Default Preferred Routes on the net

I found another cool web resource today:

http://www.fly.faa.gov/Products/Code..._Preferred_Rou
tes_Database/nfdc_preferred_routes_database.html

It's the database of IFR preferred routes. There's a fairly basic
search page, or you can just download the whole thing as one big text
file. Yet another reason to not bother buying the AFD :-)

Anybody know what "Route Type: L, H, LSD, HSD, SLD, HLD, TEC" means?
TEC is obviously Tower Enroute Control, and I'm guessing L and H are Low
and High (presumably above and below 18000), but what are the others?
Old March 15th 04, 12:49 AM
Dean Wilkinson

Here you go:

CODE DESCRIPTION
---- -------------------------------

L LOW ALTITUDE
H HIGH ALTITUDE
LSD LOW ALT SINGLE DIR
HSD HIGH ALT SINGLE DIR
SLD SPECIAL LOW ALT DIRECTIONAL
SHD SPECIAL HIGH ALT DIRECTIONAL
TEC TOWER ENROUTE CONTROL

http://www.razorsedgesoft.com/airplan

Old March 15th 04, 01:32 AM
Saryon

This is cool. Anyone know of an online repository for the trunc routes
heading to the NAT entry points?

On 14 Mar 2004 15:49:59 -0800, (Dean
Wilkinson) wrote:

Here you go: