Aircraft Walkaround Center alive and well, new URL

Old August 24th 03, 02:27 AM
machf

Default Aircraft Walkaround Center alive and well, new URL

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 10:57:11 -0500, machf wrote:

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:50:06 GMT, Robert Lundin wrote:

Welcome back in and please update your bookmark :-)

Ack. My PC crashes as soon as the page is loaded about 80% in Netscape 7.02.
It doesn't happen with Netscape 4.8 or MSIE 5.0... Anyway, I'm updating
to Netscape 7.1, I'll let you know how it goes.

Well, it crashes with NS7.1 too... I suppose I'll report that problem to
Netscape.

--
__________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke
\_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru

remove the "no_me_j." and "sons.of." parts before replying
Old December 9th 03, 05:14 AM
machf

Remember this problem with the site I mentioned several months ago?

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:27:05 -0500, machf wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 10:57:11 -0500, machf wrote:

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:50:06 GMT, Robert Lundin wrote:

Welcome back in and please update your bookmark :-)

Ack. My PC crashes as soon as the page is loaded about 80% in Netscape 7.02.
It doesn't happen with Netscape 4.8 or MSIE 5.0... Anyway, I'm updating
to Netscape 7.1, I'll let you know how it goes.

Well, it crashes with NS7.1 too... I suppose I'll report that problem to
Netscape.

Well, my motherboard died about 6 weeks ago, and I finally replaced it a couple
of weeks ago. Apparently, the constant crashing was one of the symptoms that
something was going wrong, as now I can view the site without any problems...
(other sites and programs that caused similar crashes don't anymore either)
So, now (finally!) I can see the updated site as it was meant.

Old December 9th 03, 04:25 PM
Bobsuruncle

On 8 Dec 2003 23:39:11 -0600, Speedbyrd wrote:

And so this is the latest breaking news from Lima, Peru!!

The Speedbyrd :

No, the latest news from Peru is your mother living there as a crack
whore.

Old December 9th 03, 07:47 PM
Stefan

De de trebuie sa fii tampit?

"Speedbyrd" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 00:14:59 -0500, machf

Old December 10th 03, 04:16 PM
machf

On 8 Dec 2003 23:39:11 -0600, Speedbyrd wrote:

And so this is the latest breaking news from Lima, Peru!!

The Speedbyrd :

Well, the point is, there's nothing wrong at all with the site, contrary
to what I suspected at first...

And the latest breaking news would be the air show coming this weekend,
celebrating the 100 years of aviation (or so I've been told). Currently,
I can report 3 MiG-29a, 3 Mirage 2000s, 3(?) Aermaccchi MB 339s, 2 A-37s
and 3 Su-25s having arrived last week, plus 2 or 3 Su-22s, a C-130 and
an An-32 earlier this week. In about an hour or so (around noon) they should
be starting their practice flights again (going by previous days). In fact,
I think I can hear the engines warming up on the distance right now...
And according to some sources, some aircraft from other countries are supposed
to come too, possibly Colombian Kfirs among them...
They had been planning to do something like that last year, but it had to be
postponed for reasons I currently can't remember (some political scandal or
somesuch, IIRC). Though according to the TV news, it was "cadets practicing
for their graduation" (I highly doubt they would allow any cadets to fly a
MiG-29 or a Mirage 2000, much less break the sound barrier with them!) and
"neighbors close to the base are complaining of broken windows because of the
sonic booms" (which I find to be an exaggeration, as my windows are intact,
and I'd guess the closer they are to the base, the slower they'll fly, be it for
takeoff or landing, while my house lies further away and directly under their
flight path, so why would the effects of the sonic boom be any different?)
I'm going to buy a couple of film reels for the camera, and hopefully by the
end of the month I'll have the pictures scanned and placed on the web. Or does
the Aircraft Walkaround Center accept submissions?

Old January 9th 04, 11:25 PM
DBurch7672

is there a website for this airshow?Iin English?