Motorglider Endorsement

Old September 2nd 17, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lynn

Default Motorglider Endorsement

I will be taking delivery on a Mini LAK 13.5 electric self launch next year and need to get the required endorsement. I am located in Western Washington state. Any instructors nearby? L. Wyman
Old September 3rd 17, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Lynn,

Several of the instructors in the Willamette club are able to help you. Tow it down to North Plains.

Mike
Old September 4th 17, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lynn

On Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 1:55:37 PM UTC-7, lynn wrote:
I will be taking delivery on a Mini LAK 13.5 electric self launch next year and need to get the required endorsement. I am located in Western Washington state. Any instructors nearby? L. Wyman

I think I was misunderstood. I need the endorsement before taking delivery. I would like to find an authorized endorser with access to a two-place motor glider. My Mini LAK is a single seater and will not be used to get the endorsement.
Old September 4th 17, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 9:52:34 PM UTC-6, lynn wrote:
On Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 1:55:37 PM UTC-7, lynn wrote:
I will be taking delivery on a Mini LAK 13.5 electric self launch next year and need to get the required endorsement. I am located in Western Washington state. Any instructors nearby? L. Wyman

I think I was misunderstood. I need the endorsement before taking delivery. I would like to find an authorized endorser with access to a two-place motor glider. My Mini LAK is a single seater and will not be used to get the endorsement.

You still may need a CFI-G sign-off for that specific glider for insurance purposes, even after the self-launch endorsement.

Frank
Old September 4th 17, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lynn

On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 9:48:34 PM UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 9:52:34 PM UTC-6, lynn wrote:
On Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 1:55:37 PM UTC-7, lynn wrote:
I will be taking delivery on a Mini LAK 13.5 electric self launch next year and need to get the required endorsement. I am located in Western Washington state. Any instructors nearby? L. Wyman

I think I was misunderstood. I need the endorsement before taking delivery. I would like to find an authorized endorser with access to a two-place motor glider. My Mini LAK is a single seater and will not be used to get the endorsement.

You still may need a CFI-G sign-off for that specific glider for insurance purposes, even after the self-launch endorsement.

Frank

Yes, certainly will do that--several CFI-Gs here. Thanks.
Old September 5th 17, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I have alwaysÂ* wondered about the usefulness of having someone who's
never seen a particular make/model of glider "sign me off" as competent
to fly it.

--
Dan, 5J
Old September 5th 17, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Years ago I got a new-to-me glider model, and the insurance required a "cockpit checkout". I asked a CFIG for that, and after some futzing around the cockpit with me he wrote in my logbook that he checked the cockpit and found the glider airworthy. :-)
Old September 4th 17, 07:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MN50

On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 8:52:34 PM UTC-7, lynn wrote:
On Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 1:55:37 PM UTC-7, lynn wrote:
I will be taking delivery on a Mini LAK 13.5 electric self launch next year and need to get the required endorsement. I am located in Western Washington state. Any instructors nearby? L. Wyman

I think I was misunderstood. I need the endorsement before taking delivery. I would like to find an authorized endorser with access to a two-place motor glider. My Mini LAK is a single seater and will not be used to get the endorsement.

Contact Rex Mayes at Williams Soaring. He has an ASG-32mi.
Old September 4th 17, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lynn

On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 11:18:11 PM UTC-7, MN50 wrote:
On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 8:52:34 PM UTC-7, lynn wrote:
On Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 1:55:37 PM UTC-7, lynn wrote:
I will be taking delivery on a Mini LAK 13.5 electric self launch next year and need to get the required endorsement. I am located in Western Washington state. Any instructors nearby? L. Wyman

I think I was misunderstood. I need the endorsement before taking delivery. I would like to find an authorized endorser with access to a two-place motor glider. My Mini LAK is a single seater and will not be used to get the endorsement.

Contact Rex Mayes at Williams Soaring. He has an ASG-32mi.

Thank you for the info. I will contact him shortly.
Old September 5th 17, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Colin Gyenes at McMinneville has a Spotavia RF-5B is number is: 503.857.8021

English Endorsement Dallas Piloting 10 March 26th 08 05:07 AM
tailwheel endorsement Jose Piloting 65 April 27th 06 01:59 AM
TW Endorsement Completed [email protected] Piloting 7 May 9th 05 12:00 AM
Marfa Endorsement Robert de León Soaring 0 April 12th 04 06:01 PM
Tailwheel endorsement John Harper Piloting 58 December 12th 03 02:48 PM