A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Any new news about the status of Seminole?

Old December 10th 19, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Any new news about the status of Seminole?

Is there any new news about the status of Seminole? Are all the legalities regarding the owner finally cleared up?
Old December 17th 19, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 10:22:25 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Is there any new news about the status of Seminole? Are all the legalities regarding the owner finally cleared up?

Just took a look at Barnstormers looking for an Agwagon and noticed that the price is still 2.95 mil.
Old December 18th 19, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, 17 December 2019 15:19:58 UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 10:22:25 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Just took a look at Barnstormers looking for an Agwagon and noticed that the price is still 2.95 mil.

The classic British response to the question "is __ for sale" was "Everything but my dog, my gun, and my wife is 'for sale' ..."

But, in this case, obviously not a Motivated Seller
Old December 18th 19, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]
external usenet poster

Seminole-Lake is still going strong! A new roof was installed on the clubhouse, the parking lot has been paved along with the entry road to the west of the runway. Out gliderport neighbors paved their road east of the runway.. Working with the local government, construction of a new turning lane into the gliderport is complete along with a dedicated turning lane onto Hwy-561. A lighted sign has been placed on the southbound lane of Hwy-33 warning of the turn into the gliderport. These changes significantly improves safety for everyone! We have also sent out RFP’s (request for proposal) for a new hangar building in preparation for new glass trainers (hopefully in the near future).

As you know, everything is for sale in one form or another. Knut had the field for sale for years before it was sold. It doesn’t mean Mihai (our owner) has not been investing in the business to make it better. Also, his issues with Romania have been settled years ago. We expect Mihai on property for the Seniors in March.

This year is the 30th Anniversary of the Senior Soaring Championship. We have held the 18 Meter Nationals, two North American qualifiers for the World Sailplane Grand Prix, a 13.5 Meter National and 5 cross country camps. Look in Soaring magazine at the articles our pilots write. Many local and visiting pilots have been helped by Billy Kerns and Ken Goshorn. We are blessed to have such great guys in our community. Seminole-Lake, the company, and our whole community that calls our facility home, are committed to support every pilot’s desires and grow the sport of soaring. Come on down and visit, we are flying year round and ready to support all of your needs.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying & Soaring
Old December 22nd 19, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

You're a good soldier Rich. Holy cow, a new roof, new paved parking lot, new engines on the tow planes!!! I remember having to argue with him about ordering a new mixture cable. I totally understand, without SLGP your $160K sailplane would be gathering dust in your garage.

Hard to believe that a few years ago he was taken in handcuffs from The Caymens, kicking and screaming and in fear for his life and now he is walking around the land of Vlad the Impailer a free man.

Fly safe.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot

Old December 22nd 19, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KG[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 7:58:26 AM UTC-5, wrote:
You're a good soldier Rich. Holy cow, a new roof, new paved parking lot, new engines on the tow planes!!! I remember having to argue with him about ordering a new mixture cable. I totally understand, without SLGP your $160K sailplane would be gathering dust in your garage.

Hard to believe that a few years ago he was taken in handcuffs from The Caymens, kicking and screaming and in fear for his life and now he is walking around the land of Vlad the Impailer a free man.

Fly safe.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot

Old December 22nd 19, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KG[_2_]
external usenet poster

Fly safe.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot

Old December 22nd 19, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KG[_2_]
external usenet poster

Fly safe.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot

Walt, Please take the time and give more thought before posting your messages. They can have a negative impact. i.e. Rich was a sailor, not a soldier..
Old December 22nd 19, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 6:13:31 AM UTC-8, Rich Owen wrote:
Seminole-Lake is still going strong! A new roof was installed on the clubhouse, the parking lot has been paved along with the entry road to the west of the runway. Out gliderport neighbors paved their road east of the runway. Working with the local government, construction of a new turning lane into the gliderport is complete along with a dedicated turning lane onto Hwy-561. A lighted sign has been placed on the southbound lane of Hwy-33 warning of the turn into the gliderport. These changes significantly improves safety for everyone! We have also sent out RFP’s (request for proposal) for a new hangar building in preparation for new glass trainers (hopefully in the near future).

As you know, everything is for sale in one form or another. Knut had the field for sale for years before it was sold. It doesn’t mean Mihai (our owner) has not been investing in the business to make it better. Also, his issues with Romania have been settled years ago. We expect Mihai on property for the Seniors in March.

This year is the 30th Anniversary of the Senior Soaring Championship. We have held the 18 Meter Nationals, two North American qualifiers for the World Sailplane Grand Prix, a 13.5 Meter National and 5 cross country camps. Look in Soaring magazine at the articles our pilots write. Many local and visiting pilots have been helped by Billy Kerns and Ken Goshorn. We are blessed to have such great guys in our community. Seminole-Lake, the company, and our whole community that calls our facility home, are committed to support every pilot’s desires and grow the sport of soaring. Come on down and visit, we are flying year round and ready to support all of your needs.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying & Soaring

Tis the season, so Rich might I add thank you for your efforts and to all involved with Seminole in keeping it a fine place to soar. I hope someday to visit and enjoy the fruits of your labors. Merry Christmas to you and your family and I wish you a safe successful 2020!
Old December 23rd 19, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Believe me KG, this IS the edited, redacted, thoughtful post and we are BOTH wrong. Rich was an AVIATOR. Navy doesn't have PILOTS, they have AVIATORS. Or so I am told.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot.