Cessna buyers in So. Cal. beware !

Old June 18th 04, 11:22 PM
Stu Gotts

I'd pay good money for tickets to see Berle kick that wining Jim
Weir's ass at OSH. God knows he's had it coming for years. Would be
great fodder for his next book, a best seller for sure. Maybe we can
set it up as a charity event for the Poberesny benefit and award fund.
The boys can never have enough personal funds nor awards for their
work.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:02:08 -0700, Jim Weir wrote:

What do I hear?

A little brat whining because he was looking for a cheap plane and found one.

A statement to the effect that, "I'm not an airplane mechanic, but I like to
play one in the newsgroups."

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com

Old June 18th 04, 11:51 PM
Matt Whiting

Newps wrote:

You looked at a crappy plane. Get over it. There are hundreds for sale
just like this one. You will get exactly nowhere with FSDO, they are not
interested.

And he wasted WAY too many characters to say "crappy."

Matt

Old June 19th 04, 05:00 AM
Lennie the Lurker

Jim Weir wrote in message . ..
What do I hear?

A little brat whining because he was looking for a cheap plane and found one.

A statement to the effect that, "I'm not an airplane mechanic, but I like to
play one in the newsgroups."

Jim

I have a lot of respect for one that will blow the whistle when it
needs blowing.

I have no respect for someone that thinks he finds something wrong
with it.

Not a pilot
No longer a student
No longer an aircraft owner

Just a retired mechanical inspector/machinist/gage technician

that would probably have no problem making you very angry were I to
inspect your work. I've done it to the best.
Old June 19th 04, 01:28 PM
Matt Whiting

Lennie the Lurker wrote:

Jim Weir wrote in message . ..

What do I hear?

A little brat whining because he was looking for a cheap plane and found one.

A statement to the effect that, "I'm not an airplane mechanic, but I like to
play one in the newsgroups."

Jim

I have a lot of respect for one that will blow the whistle when it
needs blowing.

I have no respect for someone that thinks he finds something wrong
with it.

Not a pilot
No longer a student
No longer an aircraft owner

Just a retired mechanical inspector/machinist/gage technician

that would probably have no problem making you very angry were I to
inspect your work. I've done it to the best.

Does this make you more manly?

Matt

Old June 19th 04, 05:28 PM
Juan Jimenez

Matt Whiting wrote in
:

Lennie the Lurker wrote:

Jim Weir wrote in message
. ..

What do I hear?

A little brat whining because he was looking for a cheap plane and
found one.

A statement to the effect that, "I'm not an airplane mechanic, but I
like to play one in the newsgroups."

Jim

I have a lot of respect for one that will blow the whistle when it
needs blowing.

I have no respect for someone that thinks he finds something wrong
with it.

Not a pilot
No longer a student
No longer an aircraft owner

Just a retired mechanical inspector/machinist/gage technician

that would probably have no problem making you very angry were I to
inspect your work. I've done it to the best.

Does this make you more manly?

Matt

Probably not, Matt, since none of this has anything to do with
"manliness," but this comment of yours sure does make you look rather
foolish.

Old June 19th 04, 06:44 PM
Jules

So you are saying you would sign it off?

Are you warning people or advertising?

Old June 20th 04, 01:51 AM
Lennie the Lurker

Stu Gotts wrote in message . ..

Weir's work doesn't need inspecting, so you've ****ed him off already!

Whether he's ****ed off or not is totally inconsequential.

His comments about someone warning of safety problems and to look for
them, says much for his character. THey tell me that I would
definately NOT buy anything based on his signature.
Old June 20th 04, 03:52 PM
Richard Kaplan

Why do you think this airplane is "super low priced"?

Why would it be priced that low if it were airworthy?

Old June 20th 04, 06:20 PM
Richard Kaplan

"Jules" wrote in message
Why do you think it isn't airworthy. After all it is signed off. Right?

Of course there are lots of airplanes signed off with annual inspections
which are unairworthy.

Of course the FAA should go after the owners and the mechanics.

All I am saying is that this potential buyer is naive if he thought a "super
low priced" airplane would be as advertised and if he is that annoyed he
didn't get the bargain of the century.

I say again.. why would an airplane ever be "super low priced" if it is
airworthy? It makes no sense.

If my mechanic offers to do an annual inspection on my airplane for $49,
should I take it at face value or assume it is pencil-whipped?