REQ U.S.A.F. / EUROPE

Old May 4th 07, 11:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
BIGMAN

Default REQ U.S.A.F. / EUROPE

just a little request to see if anyone has any pics of U.S.A.F bases
between 1950 - 1969 and there planes and pictures of any airshows
i would be very grateful

tahnks

bigman
Old May 8th 07, 05:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lynn Coffelt

Here's one.... want a couple more?
Old Chief Lynn

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	insp1002.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	572.6 KB
ID:	11298
Old May 8th 07, 07:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

"BIGMAN" wrote in message
70.163...
just a little request to see if anyone has any pics of U.S.A.F bases
between 1950 - 1969 and there planes and pictures of any airshows
i would be very grateful

I have quite a few original snapshots that were taken by my father who
served in the AirForce during those years. As soon as I can get my plate
cleared off, I planned on scanning the whole kaboodle and posting the better
ones here and at abpm. Hang in there with me and I'll try to get them going
within the month.

Luke

Old May 9th 07, 04:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lynn Coffelt

Default REQ U.S.A.F. / EUROPE Yikes!

Here's one.... want a couple more?
Old Chief Lynn

Yikes! Although its more than 50 years after I shot this picture, I
still remember the Sabre's pitot boom is on the right wing and the oxygen
fill valve is also on the right side of the fuselage. Seems I have not
mastered my new slide scanner! (photo is reversed)
Photo was taken from the 525th FIS maintenance ramp at Landstuhl
Pflugplatz, Germany, about 1954? It was a Saturday morning, and some Command
change ceremony at Weisbaden required a monumental fly-by. We (86th Fighter
Interceptor Wing) at Landstuhl launched and recovered 72 F-86's that
morning! I think we had to borrow a couple from a base in France to have
enough to meet our quota.
At one time one could count 50 some of the gaggle in this photo. When I
tried to clean this slide prior to scanning, using a "Q-tip" and a little
alcohol, I found Kodak 35mm slide film images simply dissolved and were
easily wiped away. Sheesh! I wish I'd started learning to clean with a junk
class slide.

Old Chief Lynn (too old to learn?)

GPS in Europe Doug Piloting 6 June 26th 06 02:35 AM
JAR TMG Rating Europe / US Chris General Aviation 1 January 22nd 06 03:53 PM
For sale : ASW 28 [Europe] Denis Soaring 0 September 2nd 05 03:13 AM
ADF in Europe Ron Rosenfeld Instrument Flight Rules 27 August 27th 05 11:21 PM
Space in Europe MINIWI General Aviation 2 March 13th 04 10:49 AM