I need a glider in trailer towed from NY to WA

Old December 23rd 16, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default I need a glider in trailer towed from NY to WA

I've committed to buy an L-23 in Sarasota Springs, New York. It includes an enclosed trailer. I need it to come to Walla Walla, WA.

Anybody coming in west that wants some help with expenses? Would like to have it shipped right after January 1.

Thanks!
Old December 23rd 16, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Are you anywhere near the 'little giant vacuum cleaner company'?
https://youtu.be/Aak914x7RcA
(sorry, couldn't resist)
~BB
Old December 23rd 16, 12:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

As previously posted....

Uship.com
Old December 25th 16, 05:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 3:17:27 AM UTC-8, wrote:
As previously posted....

Uship.com

The bids I'm getting back are outrages. I could go out & back for the bids thus far.
Old December 25th 16, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

What kind of quotes are you getting? almost 2800 miles and about 40 hrs driving. I often are tempted by gliders that are far away.

Scott.
Old December 25th 16, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Well your original post is asking for someone already doing the trip to pull it for some help on expenses.

The guys in Uship are doing this to make their living.
Old December 25th 16, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Let's see... You want an L-23 in a huge enclosed trailer towed across the northern part of the US, in winter. You are offering "help with expenses."

Try Santa Claus. I understand he is unemployed as of last night.
Old December 26th 16, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Ainslie

I once offered to help someone with a trailer. It disintegrated on me and nearly killed me. The people who asked me to help never contributed a cent.

Anyone offering you the option to tow your glider should not charge you twice what it would cost you. They should charge you 5 to 10 times
Old December 26th 16, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I towed a glider from Chicago to Elmira a few years back as I was on a
road trip and it wasn't too far out of my way. It was also a Cobra
trailer. The tow was a non-event except for the wiring and the snow and
ice. My price paid for the entire trip, but was probably still too
little given the responsibility for someone else's treasure.

--
Dan, 5J
Old December 26th 16, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Good - Fast - Cheap

Pick two....

50 shades of grey glider, whose glider is that in the movie trailer SF Soaring 23 October 16th 14 05:10 AM
More boat-towed-glider WIG questions durabol[_2_] Home Built 4 July 21st 09 03:16 PM
shipping glider to NZ-advice on securing glider in trailer November Bravo Soaring 6 November 1st 06 03:05 PM
glider trailer Q Steve Leonard Soaring 1 August 28th 06 05:29 AM
Tow plane airspeed vs. glider being towed airspeed? MHende6388 Soaring 2 September 28th 03 09:35 AM