Finland - USA 2-0

Old November 1st 03, 07:47 PM
Bjørnar Bolsøy

Alan Minyard wrote in
:
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 03:51:06 GMT, "Bjørnar Bolsøy"
wrote:

Which nation's economy, per capita GDP (i.e. most productive
per person) is the highest?

http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications...korder/2004ran

.
html

Luxemburg 1, USA 2 ... Finland 19

Norway 6..

Of the nordic countries, Norway's GDP is 37% ahead of Finland
and Sweden according to the latest figures from Nordic
Statistical Yearbook 2003.

Sort of like watching mice fight.

Al Minyard

Now that' a quite a respectful and openminded attitude. :^)

Regards...

Old November 4th 03, 07:27 AM
Marcus Andersson

Alan Minyard wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 03:51:06 GMT, "Bjørnar Bolsøy" wrote:

"William Wright" wrote in
"Juvat" wrote in message
After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police
noname blurted out:

Finland is the world's most competitive economy followed by
the United
States, Sweden, Denmark and Taiwan, according to a Global
Competitiveness Report released Thursday.

In economic terms "competitive economy" is extremely nebulous,
and some economists would suggest meaningless.

Not to set off a braging contest, but WRT the nordic
economies, below are some realworld figures for comparison
to the above.

http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications...order/2004rank

.
html

Luxemburg 1, USA 2 ... Finland 19

Norway 6..

Of the nordic countries, Norway's GDP is 37% ahead of Finland
and Sweden according to the latest figures from Nordic
Statistical Yearbook 2003.

Sort of like watching mice fight.

Al Minyard

Until you're unlucky enough to get caught in between. Speaking of
fighting... I heard Norway these days has Europe's highest defence
budget, per capita.
Old November 1st 03, 07:35 PM
Alan Minyard

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:44:40 GMT, "William Wright" wrote:

"Juvat" wrote in message
.. .
After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police noname
blurted out:

Finland is the world's most competitive economy followed by the United
States, Sweden, Denmark and Taiwan, according to a Global
Competitiveness Report released Thursday.

In economic terms "competitive economy" is extremely nebulous, and
some economists would suggest meaningless.

Which nation's economy, per capita GDP (i.e. most productive per
person) is the highest?

http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications.../2004rank.html

Luxemburg 1, USA 2 ... Finland 19

Juvat

Run for the hills, men. Luxembourg is coming!!!!!!! :-)))

Al Minyard
Old November 2nd 03, 04:10 AM
Matthew G. Saroff

"William Wright" wrote:

"Juvat" wrote in message
.. .
After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police noname
blurted out:

Finland is the world's most competitive economy followed by the United
States, Sweden, Denmark and Taiwan, according to a Global
Competitiveness Report released Thursday.

In economic terms "competitive economy" is extremely nebulous, and
some economists would suggest meaningless.

Which nation's economy, per capita GDP (i.e. most productive per
person) is the highest?

http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications.../2004rank.html

Luxemburg 1, USA 2 ... Finland 19

One should understand that per capita GDP is also
imprecise. We, for example, spend something like twice the
amount per capita on medical expenses (something like 20% of
GDP), with generally lower life expectancy and higher infant
mortality.
Our GDP is boosted by the inefficiencies in health care.
--
--Matthew Saroff
Shrub stole the election, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt
Old November 2nd 03, 04:54 AM
phil hunt

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 23:10:07 -0500, Matthew G. Saroff wrote:

One should understand that per capita GDP is also
imprecise. We, for example, spend something like twice the
amount per capita on medical expenses (something like 20% of
GDP), with generally lower life expectancy and higher infant
mortality.
Our GDP is boosted by the inefficiencies in health care.

GDP isn't actually a measure of wealth generated -- though it's
often used as that. It's a measure of economic activity. If I crash
my car and pay someone 100 quid to fix it, that adds 100 pounds to
Britain's GDP, but nothing to its wealth.

(Email: , but first subtract 275 and reverse
the last two letters).

Old November 1st 03, 07:41 AM
NEMO ME IMPUNE

How many Aircraft carriers in Finland?

Old November 1st 03, 06:03 PM
Bjørnar Bolsøy

"NEMO ME IMPUNE" wrote in news:bnvno3
:

How many Aircraft carriers in Finland?

47 I believe.

Regards...
Old November 4th 03, 07:30 AM
Marcus Andersson

"NEMO ME IMPUNE" wrote in message ...
How many Aircraft carriers in Finland?

(since when does this thread have anything to do with aircraft
carriers? Besides, I don't have a clue what this thread has to do in
the rec.aviation.military group.)

That being said, Finland does have around 60 F-18 Hornets, so I guess
they must have a couple of aircraft carriers too. I mean, why else
would they have carrier-planes?
Old November 4th 03, 12:45 PM
tadaa

That being said, Finland does have around 60 F-18 Hornets, so I guess
they must have a couple of aircraft carriers too. I mean, why else
would they have carrier-planes?

Shhhh... (the black helicopters are on their way)

Old November 6th 03, 11:26 PM
Julian Barker

In message , Marcus
Andersson writes
"NEMO ME IMPUNE" wrote in message
How many Aircraft carriers in Finland?

(since when does this thread have anything to do with aircraft
carriers? Besides, I don't have a clue what this thread has to do in
the rec.aviation.military group.)

That being said, Finland does have around 60 F-18 Hornets, so I guess
they must have a couple of aircraft carriers too. I mean, why else
would they have carrier-planes?

It is worth bearing in mind that Finland has a smaller population than
several US cities, and how many of them can boast that sort of defence?

--
Julian Barker

"Many battles have been fought and won by
soldiers nourished on beer,and the King does not
believe that coffee-drinking soldiers can be
relied upon to endure hardships in case of
another war."
Frederick the Great, 1777