Tips from Kwaree

Old December 15th 10, 12:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark IV

Default Tips from Kwaree

After bumbling through radio communications for a while, I started to
make up tricks to help me remember what needs to be done with flying
in general. Below is a list…I am going to add more as I think of them…
and please feel free to add your own.

- Airports on aeronautical charts – blue for towered and magenta for
non-towered – just think of a guy in a blue uniform sitting in the
tower.

- Magnetic deviation on a compass – on a northerly heading, making a
turn will make the compass lag. Just think of north as your kids…
always lagging behind.

- Radio communications – this is a big one – just remember when
initiating a radio call, you need to say four things…distance,
altitude, where you are going and what you want. From, height, where
and what.

After initiating contact in class D airspace, you would say, “I am 2
miles north of the field, 2,500 feet, heading in for a landing with
information sierra.”

Another example would be for entering class E airspace. “I am 5 miles
west of Stewart, 4,500 feet, heading towards Columbia County via the
Kingston VOR and am requesting flight following.”

When entering class G airspace to land at a non-towered airport, you
say, “I am 5 miles east of the field, 3,500 feet, will be entering the
pattern on a 45 for a landing on runway 21.”

Sometimes your communication doesn’t fall exactly in the proper order,
but just remember that you need to say four things.

When repeating information back to ATC, just remember the facts. They
will tell you what seems like 20 things. Just repeat back what
matters. Say, “Four Delta Sierra, right hand pattern, runway 29 with
the option.” You don’t need to put this statement into a wonderfully
written sentance.

- Taxiing – When taxiing and passing another airplane, drive like you
are in England…the other side of the road.
http://www.kwaree.com/blog/2007/03/0...t-tips-tricks/
---
Mark IV
Old December 15th 10, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,sci.physics.electromag,alt.atheism,alt.usage.english
Phil

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 04:01:51 -0800 (PST), Mark IV wrote:

After bumbling through radio communications for a while, I started to
make up tricks to help me remember what needs to be done with flying
in general. Below is a listˇKI am going to add more as I think of themˇK
and please feel free to add your own.

Mark IV

snipped enormous amount of delusion

Mark,

It's clear that you want as many participants in your fantasyland of
being a pilot as possible. Easily understandable, a novel and
worthwhile endeavor piloting is!

Phil
Old December 15th 10, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,sci.physics.electromag,alt.atheism,alt.usage.english
Ari Silverstein

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:36:47 -0500, Phil wrote:

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 04:01:51 -0800 (PST), Mark IV wrote:

After bumbling through radio communications for a while, I started to
make up tricks to help me remember what needs to be done with flying
in general. Below is a listˇKI am going to add more as I think of themˇK
and please feel free to add your own.

Mark IV

snipped enormous amount of delusion

Mark,

It's clear that you want as many participants in your fantasyland of
being a pilot as possible. Easily understandable, a novel and
worthwhile endeavor piloting is!

Phil

You're clueless, Phil. Mark(ie) IV is approaching 60. He takes all
kinds of serious meds for his self-admitted bipolarism (among other
mental and physical issues).

He has been pursuing his PPL for anywhere between two years and 40
depending on which lie you want believe. *lol*

If he ever gets certified, he'll flunk his physical and be out of the
air in a heartbeat.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old December 15th 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,sci.physics.electromag,alt.atheism,alt.usage.english
Phil

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:16:46 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:

[...]

I have no idea what he has to do medically to get his air license. I
don't think Mark cares either. He has his wealth, enameled teeth,
teenaged grrlfriends and Mom as his support group.

Phil

Flying Q-Tips Casey Wilson Piloting 13 March 24th 06 09:38 PM
WINGS tips? [email protected] Piloting 4 April 20th 05 07:58 PM
DC-3 & Photo tips [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 January 23rd 05 03:51 PM
Pocket PC Tips & Glide Navigator II Tips Paul Remde Soaring 0 December 14th 04 08:21 PM
tips for PFC? Dennis Hegland Piloting 0 July 22nd 04 05:50 PM