Graceful Airplanes - A-5.jpg (1/1)

Old March 17th 08, 01:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

Default Graceful Airplanes - A-5.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A-5.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	23460
Old March 17th 08, 06:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Norm DePlume

Oh, Baby!
Old March 17th 08, 10:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

"Norm DePlume" wrote in message
news
Oh, Baby!

Here are a couple RA-5C pictures.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vigil2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	23472  Click image for larger version

Name:	vigil1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	23473
Old March 18th 08, 12:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
46.128...
"Wayne Paul" wrote

Here are a couple RA-5C pictures.

Yeah, these are the ugly, humpbacked ones. Now the original
Vigilante.... WOW! I have a lot of Super8 movies of it during
its sea trials on the Enterprise in the early '60s.

Bob,

Back in 1964 I was assigned to VAH-10 flying as a Bombardier/Navigator in
A-3Bs. (See attached picture) At the time the East Coast Heavy Attack
Squadrons were being transitioned to A-5s. The RF-8 was our Photo
Reconnaissance aircraft. In 1969 I had transitioned to A-6A Intruders and
was aboard the USS Ranger. By then all the A-5s had been converted to
RA-5Cs and all the RF-8s were gone.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VAH-10_A3_On_Cat.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	438.7 KB
ID:	23475
Old March 19th 08, 05:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

"richec" wrote in message
Ahhhh.... I may be missing something here, but that sure looks more an A3
Whale than an A5 Vigil.

You are correct. It is indeed a Whale. I believe I stated that in the
post's text.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/