Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp?

Old May 8th 14, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp?

I was a member of Sky-Life from about '73-'75 (I was about 15-17 years old).. I attended club meetings at Lee's home in Armonk (I remember he had a Link trainer in his garage). I also went on a couple of weekend trips to the camp in Northville, and attended two summer camps. I solo'd in 84J on the grass field at the camp, and remember getting tossed in the pool afterward.. Never did completed my Private Pilot requirements. I'm in the "Flying Tigers" picture that was in Flying Magazine (along with many other members and Lee). Sure wish I had a copy of the picture Lee took after I solo'd. Mostly I have fond memories of the club/camp. The hazing rituals did seem a little creepy, and the NY Times article below does seem to indicate something may have happened, but I can't say that I was aware of anything beyond a bunch of boys in the briefs being asked aeronautical questions. Of course that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

- Bill
Old May 8th 14, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Flying Magazine - May 1974

http://books.google.com/books?id=m42...0pilot&f=false