The "newest" Col. Potter. LOL

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 5th 07, 04:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
SWIGGY

Default The "newest" Col. Potter. LOL

"Bob" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 12:29:28 -0400, "SWIGGY"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:26:37 +0100, "Neil Hoskins"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
m...
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 19:30:00 -0400, "Chaplain \(COL\) Lonnie J. Potter"
wrote:

The "newest" Col. Potter. LOL

--
Chappie

"The United States Corps of Chaplains is not an entity of, nor
endorsed by, any branch of the military services or the United States
government."

It is a non-profit organization that discriminates by religion...

Good. Just occasionally I envy the Yanks for having secularism (pretty
much) enshrined in the constitution. Here in UK, where the Anglican
church
is a branch of government, chaplains in both the armed services and
National
Health Service are paid-for by the taxpayer.

Military services, Veterans Administration, and probably Public Health
Service "real" chaplains are paid by the U.S. government.
I have no idea how it is justified.

They feed you meds as food for your health.
They feed you food as food for your body.
They feed you knowledge as food for your intellegence.
They feed you spiritual comfort as food for your soul.

It's a smorgasboard. Take what ya want. If ya don't like the way the
spiritual food is prepared, you don't have to partake. Just because you do
not, does not mean that those that enjoy and relish it should be denied.

At tax payer expense?

I do not have a problem with that. After all, a war zone chaplain needs
special training for the special needs of the troops. It does not interfere
with the constitution concerning setting up a national religion. It
acknowledges that many of our military personnel have a spiritual side that
must be fulfilled. They are often hundreds or thousands of miles away from
their home congregation. I'm neither Christian, Jew, nor Muslim, nor any
"eastern" religion. I dislike others infringing upon my belief, but I cannot
tolerate others who infringe on others beliefs. Attending a military
religious service is like attending a movie shown by the military: troop
morale. Ya don't HAVE to attend a military religious service, just like you
don't have to attend a military entertainment movie (versus training films)
or USO show.

It is necessary for the troops to operate at maximum efficiancy.
--
SWIGGY

Check out my vids at

http://home.comcast.net/~swiggy/index.html