8710 (maybe a little OT)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 22nd 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default 8710 (maybe a little OT)

I'm filling out the 8710 for my upcoming commercial flight test and am
not sure what to put into three of the fields. I'll ask my CFI next
time we meet, but I thought I might get a quicker answer here.

For Solo, Cross Country Solo and Cross Country PIC, I'm not sure exactly
what they want. I haven't logged solo time since getting my private, so
my first thought was just log the solo and cross country solo logged
prior to my private and then all cross country since as PIC.

However, since the commercial (FAR 61.129) requires a 300 nm solo cross
country. I've made several of them, but they were all logged as PIC,
not solo. So, for the cross country solo, so I list my time prior to
the private and then pick a cross country of 300 nm that I flew alone
and add that time in? Or do I need to try to sort out all of the cross
country flights that I've logged as PIC cross country, but flew alone
and list them in the solo cross country category and then list those
where I had pax as PIC cross country? I haven't even indicated on many
of my flights if I had pax or not...

Matt