Attn Jay...

Old July 10th 05, 05:32 AM
john smith

"Al Roker Productions, Inc. will visit Oshkosh for the first two days of
EAA
AirVenture 2005 - Monday, July 25, and Tuesday, July 26 - in search of
extraordinary tailgating set-ups to include in a special two-hour program
to air October 6 on the Food Network."

Will check in with the FN about the above dates, etc on Monday. Maybe
they'll *want* to stay another day!!
But yes, our 3rd annual (N40BBQ) will remain on Wednesday evening.

Darn tootin'. We ain't changing no steenkin' tradition for no stupid
"Reality TV" show...
Mumble, grumble, stooopid food network...
;-)

Who says we cannot make our own "reality" video and send them a copy
showing what they missed (also to be posted on Jay's website to show
everyone what they missed).
Old July 10th 05, 02:07 PM
Jay Honeck

Who says we cannot make our own "reality" video and send them a copy
showing what they missed (also to be posted on Jay's website to show
everyone what they missed).

Great idea!

Of course, Jav Henderson, who hosts our website, just *might* object when we
post another gigabyte of video onto his server...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 10th 05, 07:51 PM
Jack Allison

Montblack wrote:

Crap, how did that happen?? Organ speech ring a bell?

The timing of newsgroup posts is everything.

Hey Jim Weir, I just got elected to something, and I wasn't even running
:-)

You expect sympathy from Jim on a topic like this? You are a funny guy!

Montblack - I hear the camera adds an extra 10lbs. Drat!!

Hmmm, what happened to the new Montblack we were supposed to see? Come
on man, I did my part and bought a plane. Ok, so that has nothing to do
with losing weight...so what was your point again? :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old July 10th 05, 08:17 PM
john smith

Montblack - I hear the camera adds an extra 10lbs. Drat!!

Hmmm, what happened to the new Montblack we were supposed to see? Come
on man, I did my part and bought a plane. Ok, so that has nothing to do
with losing weight...so what was your point again? :-)

I was going to inquire if the Ercoupe he was referring to purchasing in
another thread was a single seat model.
Old July 10th 05, 09:56 PM
Jay Honeck

I was going to inquire if the Ercoupe he was referring to purchasing in
another thread was a single seat model.

Oooo. That's baaad.

Hey -- Montblack isn't *that* big. We got off the ground okay in our
Pathfinder, with him in both the front and the back seats.

(No, not at the same time!)

He's just "big boned"...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 10th 05, 11:38 PM
Montblack

("john smith" wrote)
I was going to inquire if the Ercoupe he was referring to purchasing in
another thread was a single seat model.

That thought has crossed my mind :-)

Headroon is an issue ....also.

Montblack
Old July 10th 05, 11:49 PM
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Hey -- Montblack isn't *that* big. We got off the ground okay in our
Pathfinder, with him in both the front and the back seats.

(No, not at the same time!)

I was a tiny little white lab mouse in Jay's maniacal experiment. An
experiment designed to prove his extraodinary claim that 'Atlas *can* carry
anything!'

Montblack

Old July 11th 05, 12:10 AM
Montblack

("Jack Allison" wrote)
Hmmm, what happened to the new Montblack we were supposed to see? Come on
man, I did my part and bought a plane.

.....You bought a plane with two others.
......I've got a guy named Bob, over at the Y right now, doing sit-ups as I
type this :-)

92F would be a lot easier to tolorate under 300. The 'new Montblack' now
*fully* appreciates this fact!

Only down 10% from last year. Not enough.

Bring on the pomegranates!

Montblack

Old July 11th 05, 06:17 AM
Jack Allison

Jay Honeck wrote:

Hey -- Montblack isn't *that* big. We got off the ground okay in our
Pathfinder, with him in both the front and the back seats.

(No, not at the same time!)

Had to scroll to see the above line...good thing I didn't just take a
swig of water or I'd be drying off the keyboard :-)

He's just "big boned"...

And, as you say, if it fits through the door of Atlas, Atlas can haul it!

Better lock down the gas caps on 04T or I may have some...interesting
additions when I go to sump the tanks while at OSH. Paul, step away
from the plane, walk directly to the freshly cleaned port-a-potty and
relieve yourself there please :-)

Old July 11th 05, 06:22 AM
Jack Allison

Montblack wrote:

....You bought a plane with two others.
.....I've got a guy named Bob, over at the Y right now, doing sit-ups as
I type this :-)

And what's the third guy up to?

Only down 10% from last year. Not enough.

It's a start. You know that whole "journey of 1000 miles starts with a
single step" thing. Let's see, if you were down 33.3333333333%, we'd be
even with me buying 1/3 of an airplane and you being 1/3 less of yourself.

Bring on the pomegranates!

....but...*never* the l*ght "beer". Jay would have to slap you silly and
send you home (after offloading all of the food, of course).