mid air at uvalde

Old August 15th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Carl

Default mid air at uvalde

just to set the record straight my glider received minimal damage and has
been repaired and ready to fly. The winglet was not torn off and I did
return to Uvalde airport. Stressful yes, and my heart goes out to Mike.
I visited him Sunday at the hospital and he was in fine spirits and he
truly represents the comraderie we all share in this sport. I cannot say
enough about Mike except I look forward to having a few scotches with him
when I visit my daughter in Houston. He's one fine and gracious
gentleman, one we can all be priveledges to know.

bob 7U

Old August 15th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Daniels

As Bob suggests, surviving pairs of "glider colliders" seem to share a
special bond. I had Christmas dinner with my counterpart, Bruce Carmichael,
a couple of years ago.

I'm very happy you both survived.

Bill Daniels

Old August 15th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fred Blair

After the scotches, make him play some blues on his bass guitar. He can get
down with the best of them. We are glad to have him back at our club, all
in one piece.

Fred LF

Uvalde Day 6 BB Soaring 0 August 14th 08 03:16 AM
Uvalde Day 1 BB Soaring 2 August 13th 08 12:56 PM
Uvalde Day 2 BB Soaring 0 August 8th 08 03:19 PM
Fun in Uvalde ! DRN Soaring 0 August 4th 08 05:05 AM
Uvalde Bob Johnson Soaring 0 August 9th 05 04:13 AM