usaig

Old June 24th 04, 03:19 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Tony Woolner wrote:

Anyone know if USAIG insurance is any good. I am purachsing a plane.

Yes. I had one claim (about $1,000). No questions, prompt payment, no increase in
premiums.

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
Old June 24th 04, 03:32 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Tony Woolner wrote:

Anyone know if USAIG insurance is any good. I am purachsing a plane.

One other thing. My USAIG policies have all had sub-limits. In other words, while the
total coverage was 1 million, they would not pay 1 million to one of my passengers if
that was the only injury. Many people prefer a "smooth" policy, which is harder to
find.

Old June 24th 04, 03:45 AM
Victor J. Osborne, Jr.

If you live in TN or close by, I'd call D.R. Cox for a quote. They beat all
others by a good amount. On the one (really big) claim, the brokered
company came thru in spades. They also did not raise the rate. FWIW.

Thx, {|;-)

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

Old June 24th 04, 09:32 AM
Tony Woolner

Default usaig

Anyone know if USAIG insurance is any good. I am purachsing a plane.
Tony W.

Old June 24th 04, 01:50 PM
M.E. Borner

Tony Woolner wrote in message ...
Anyone know if USAIG insurance is any good. I am purachsing a plane.
Tony W.

I have used USAIG for 10 years over 3 aircraft with a smooth coverage
policy on hull and liability. I have had 1 claim and they couldn't
have been better. No hassles, they took care of every expense without
question. Their annual increases have been reasonable or non-existent.
When I moved from a single to a twin they did not make me go through
some of the hoops that other insurance companies have the reputation
of doing. While the cost jump with the twin policy was steep it was
not out of line comparatively. When I wanted to increase my coverage
to $10 million with only 300 hrs. of twin time they got it done. My
experience has been very positive.
Old June 24th 04, 10:40 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Victor J. Osborne, Jr." wrote in message ...
If you live in TN or close by, I'd call D.R. Cox for a quote. They beat all
others by a good amount. On the one (really big) claim, the brokered
company came thru in spades. They also did not raise the rate. FWIW.

I'm not sure how that is possible. Every agent is quoted the exact
same amount on a policy. In fact, once you get an agent to quote you a
policy, the insurance co's will refuse to quote you for any other
agent. They claim its a waste of time since they already quoted you.
The agents are no direct charge to you, the insurance co kicks them
back a fixed percentage. Its a very non-competitive market. The only
time your agent really makes a difference is if you are hard to insure
and the insurance co's are refusing coverage or if you've just had an
accident and want the agent to represent you.

-Robert
Old June 25th 04, 01:33 AM
Al

USAIG just did my deer strike, which was around $30K, with excellent
service. They have a customer for life now.

Old June 25th 04, 01:38 AM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:40:51 -0700, Robert M. Gary wrote:

I'm not sure how that is possible. Every agent is quoted the exact
same amount on a policy. In fact, once you get an agent to quote you a
policy, the insurance co's will refuse to quote you for any other

I've heard that claimed and I don't believe it because I had 2 agents
quote me a price and both used the same underwriter and both had different
prices. USAIG is the underwriter for what it's worth.

I had been told by an agent that it's true, but in my experience it's not
an accurate statement.

Old June 25th 04, 02:20 AM
Mike F.

I just got a letter last week from AOPA's Insurance department saying they
could not give me a competitive quote for insurance because my current
agent, Falcon, used the same underwriter.

news