Citation Crashes in Houston

Old November 6th 05, 12:55 AM
Darkwing

Default Citation Crashes in Houston

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051105/...mall_jet_crash

----------------------------------
DW

Old November 8th 05, 10:47 PM
Bushleague

Weird why didn't they wait to watch the SWA 737 make a safe landing.
Never, ever let anyone (particularly a controller) rush your takeoff.

Have a great one!

Bush

Old November 8th 05, 11:04 PM
Peter R.

Bushleague wrote:

Weird why didn't they wait to watch the SWA 737 make a safe landing.
Never, ever let anyone (particularly a controller) rush your takeoff.

Would waiting and not rushing the takeoff have changed the outcome? My
understanding was that this aircraft was on a maintenance check flight.

--
Peter

Old November 8th 05, 11:32 PM
Bushleague

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 18:04:20 -0500, "Peter R."
wrote:

Bushleague wrote:

Weird why didn't they wait to watch the SWA 737 make a safe landing.
Never, ever let anyone (particularly a controller) rush your takeoff.

Would waiting and not rushing the takeoff have changed the outcome? My
understanding was that this aircraft was on a maintenance check flight.

All of the more reason to wait, don't you think?

Have a great one!

Bush
Old November 8th 05, 11:57 PM
Peter R.

wrote:

Bushleague wrote:

Weird why didn't they wait to watch the SWA 737 make a safe landing.
Never, ever let anyone (particularly a controller) rush your takeoff.

Would waiting and not rushing the takeoff have changed the outcome? My
understanding was that this aircraft was on a maintenance check flight.

All of the more reason to wait, don't you think?

Definitely. My point was that, in this particular crash, had the pilots
elected to decline the takeoff clearance and slow everything down, the
outcome still may have been a fatal crash, assuming the cause of this is
found to be catastrophic engine failure a few hundred feet in the air.

--
Peter

Old November 9th 05, 01:19 AM
Morgans

Would waiting and not rushing the takeoff have changed the outcome? My
understanding was that this aircraft was on a maintenance check flight.

My thought exactly. I don't see anywhere, that rushing a takeoff had any
part to play, contributing to the crash.

Let us hope that rushing is not found to be a "contributing factor."
--
Jim in NC

Old November 9th 05, 01:37 AM
.Blueskies.

wrote:

Bushleague wrote:

Weird why didn't they wait to watch the SWA 737 make a safe landing.
Never, ever let anyone (particularly a controller) rush your takeoff.

Would waiting and not rushing the takeoff have changed the outcome? My
understanding was that this aircraft was on a maintenance check flight.

All of the more reason to wait, don't you think?

Definitely. My point was that, in this particular crash, had the pilots
elected to decline the takeoff clearance and slow everything down, the
outcome still may have been a fatal crash, assuming the cause of this is
found to be catastrophic engine failure a few hundred feet in the air.

--
Peter

Maybe, if it was an engine failure, after the wait it would have failed on the ground or even during the takeoff run...

Old November 10th 05, 07:53 PM
Maule Driver

Morgans wrote:
Would waiting and not rushing the takeoff have changed the outcome? My
understanding was that this aircraft was on a maintenance check flight.

My thought exactly. I don't see anywhere, that rushing a takeoff had any
part to play, contributing to the crash.

Let us hope that rushing is not found to be a "contributing factor."

Independent of what actually happened, it reminds me that rushing is
never good. That's just the personal opinion of a non-professional FWIW.

Sometimes, some pilots sound more like lawyers than flyers to me.
Old November 10th 05, 08:10 PM
Peter R.

Maule Driver wrote:

Sometimes, some pilots sound more like lawyers than flyers to me.

Had this been directed at me, then in my defense my comments were actually
sensationalism.

In other words, the news media once again sensationalized an accident by
reporting that the aircraft was rushed to take off, yet that may not even
have been a factor.

Sometimes, some pilots sound more like CFIs than flyers to me. ;-)

--
Peter
Not a lawyer

Old November 10th 05, 09:12 PM
Skylune

by Maule Driver Nov 10, 2005 at 07:53 PM

Morgans wrote:
Would waiting and not rushing the takeoff have changed the outcome? My
understanding was that this aircraft was on a maintenance check flight.

My thought exactly. I don't see anywhere, that rushing a takeoff had

any
part to play, contributing to the crash.

Let us hope that rushing is not found to be a "contributing factor."

Independent of what actually happened, it reminds me that rushing is
never good. That's just the personal opinion of a non-professional FWIW.

Sometimes, some pilots sound more like lawyers than flyers to me.

The commentary on the below video contains plain talk ("I can't believe
it.), no legalese.

Cirrus Killer? Cessna just doesn't get it... ET Piloting 208 October 15th 05 03:27 PM
Four crashes this month have already made August the worst monthfor aircraft losses StopPoliticallyCorrectTyranny Piloting 0 August 20th 05 02:35 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Houston crashes Big John Piloting 8 December 11th 03 07:35 PM
Houston crashes Big John Piloting 0 December 11th 03 04:27 PM