The Sun is hot but the beer is cold in Iowa!

Old July 26th 03, 06:34 PM
Jay Honeck

Default The Sun is hot but the beer is cold in Iowa!

I have been read for an year the NG and posting rarely, but was getting
ready to meet you all at the mecca. Due to business (hospitality before

you
ask) we can only do it on the last Sunday and Monday. So have a great time
hope we can make it your way Jay soon to teach you a few words of French
(coming from a previous thread)

Dear Laurent,

Sorry you can't make it. We'll drink a toast to Quebec in your honor!

(And by the way: My mother's maiden name was "Errard" . They hailed from
French Canada... I heard a few good French phrases as a lad....)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 26th 03, 07:00 PM
Jay Honeck

No quebecer in that blood pur French.

With an email name like "CanadianPilot", you're not from Canada?

Who'd a thunk it?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 26th 03, 07:12 PM
CanadianPilot

never heard of people leaving there country to live in a other one ;-D

Salut a bientot

Windsor Ontario

Old July 26th 03, 09:59 PM
Drew Hamilton

CanadianPilot wrote:
No quebecer in that blood pur French.

....so you mean that your French is actually understandable?

- awh

Old July 26th 03, 10:12 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
The rest of you get your butts to Iowa, and enjoy a cookout with (*gasp*!)
FREE BEER (soft drinks for Larry, if desired... and food for all who

fly
in!

Wave to us on Continental 5954 as we pass overhead. Think I can get the
pilot to rock the wings? Maybe we'll see you at OSH.

Ya'll have fun...
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old July 26th 03, 11:02 PM
Greg Burkhart

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
Wave to us on Continental 5954 as we pass overhead. Think I can get the
pilot to rock the wings? Maybe we'll see you at OSH.

Talk the pilot into doing a T&G at IOW... ;-)

Old July 27th 03, 02:48 AM
Barnyard BOb --

Del Rawlins wrote:

CanadianPilot posted the following:
Dear Jay,

No quebecer in that blood pur French.

So have toast for French pilot if that is still ok in the states ;-D

Okay by us. Firing up the flamethrower...

A new meaning/twist to --- FRENCH TOAST?

Barnyard BOb -- ARRGH.
Old July 27th 03, 03:01 AM
vincent p. norris

The rest of you get your butts to Iowa, and enjoy a cookout with (*gasp*!)
FREE BEER

Jay, I'm tempted to fly all the way out there from PA just for the
free beer, but first, I want to know, what kind of beer are you
serving?

And is the a "designated pilot" there to fly me back?

vince norris
Old July 27th 03, 05:12 AM
john smith

So have toast for French pilot if that is still ok in the states ;-D

A new meaning/twist to --- FRENCH TOAST?

It's not just for breakfast!
Old July 27th 03, 07:10 AM
Jeff

the last few days our weather has been nasty here in Lost Vegas, lighting, wind,
some rain here and there. friday afternoon they shut down the north las vegas
airport for a few hours because of high winds (excess of 45 mph what the news
said)..

Jay Honeck wrote:

Well, folks, the weather forecast for tomorrow couldn't be better for a pool
party -- temps pushing 90 degrees, and sunny!

The prog charts from the west look a little dicey, but the precip should be
that "high-summer-popcorn" variety -- easy to pick your way through, and not
too bumpy up high. For those of you coming from CA, AZ, and all points
west, please try to keep us informed of your ETA...

The rest of you get your butts to Iowa, and enjoy a cookout with (*gasp*!)
FREE BEER (soft drinks for Larry, if desired... and food for all who fly
in!

(And we've got the "lifter" up and running. It is already amazing and
scaring all who see it fly...

The identifier is IOW. If we were any closer to RWY 25, we'd bust their
airspace. Be there!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA