Crashing Experimental on America's Funniest Home Videos

Old March 8th 04, 05:31 PM
Jay

Default Crashing Experimental on America's Funniest Home Videos

Watching TV last night (4/7/04) ABC they had a "funny" home video of a
homebuilt experimental crashing. They ran a laugh track over this
guy's airplane breaking apart and skidding down the runway on a
botched landing. I'm sure the pilot wasn't laughing one bit.

But thats not the reason I'm making the post. The reason for the post
is to try to identify who the builder is. It was a unique design that
I haven't seen anywhere and is very similar to the design I've been
pushng around on paper and simulation:

http://inline_twin.tripod.com/concept.html

The design was a white composite looking push/pull in-line twin
engine. Kind of like the Do-335 Arrow of WW2 vintage. The difference
between what I've been modeling and what this poor soul had was that
he had a drooped (negative dihedral) canard where the design I've been
toying with only has a conventional appenage but with an underside
vertical surface for additional yaw stability (to counter act the long
nose) and to protect the rear propeller. So if anyone knows anything
about this experimental, speak up please!

Regards
Old March 9th 04, 12:00 AM
Checkursix

Man, I sure wish I had YOUR tellie!

You watch in the FUTURE! Today is only March (3) 8th, 2004!

(I know cause it's my birthday!! 55 and still speeding down hill!!)

Bob
om...

Old March 9th 04, 12:51 AM
Richard Lamb

Checkursix wrote:

Man, I sure wish I had YOUR tellie!

You watch in the FUTURE! Today is only March (3) 8th, 2004!

(I know cause it's my birthday!! 55 and still speeding down hill!!)

Bob

Happy Birthday, Bob,
Where ever you may be!

Richard
Old March 9th 04, 03:19 AM
Morgans

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message
Checkursix wrote:

Man, I sure wish I had YOUR tellie!

You watch in the FUTURE! Today is only March (3) 8th, 2004!

(I know cause it's my birthday!! 55 and still speeding down hill!!)

Bob

Happy Birthday, Bob,
Where ever you may be!

Richard

Yet another case of the "twilight zone", or what?
--
Jim in NC

---

Old March 9th 04, 10:10 AM
Richard Lamb

Checkursix wrote:

Man, I sure wish I had YOUR tellie!

You watch in the FUTURE! Today is only March (3) 8th, 2004!

(I know cause it's my birthday!! 55 and still speeding down hill!!)

Bob

Happy Birthday, Bob,
Where ever you may be!

Richard

Yet another case of the "twilight zone", or what?
--
Jim in NC

Imagine, if you will...
Old March 9th 04, 05:20 PM
Jay

I guess I botched the date as much as that guy botched his landing.
Should have read _3_/7/04.

And it wasn't a Defiant, close but no cigar for the lady.

Anyone else?

It looked like things went bad after after the nose gear bounced hard,
it went into oscillation (shimmy) and came off.

BernadetteTS wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Jay) wrote:

The design was a white composite looking push/pull in-line twin
engine. Kind of like the Do-335 Arrow of WW2 vintage. The difference
between what I've been modeling and what this poor soul had was that
he had a drooped (negative dihedral) canard where the design I've been
toying with only has a conventional appenage but with an underside
vertical surface for additional yaw stability (to counter act the long
nose) and to protect the rear propeller. So if anyone knows anything
about this experimental, speak up please!

Regards

Sounds like a Rutan Defiant.
http://home.online.no/~rrostrup/dsc00044.jpg
Bernadette

Old March 10th 04, 12:11 AM
nauga

Jay wrote...

It looked like things went bad after after the nose gear bounced hard,
it went into oscillation (shimmy) and came off.

Must've been a laugh riot. No reflection on
you, Jay, but it never ceases to amaze me what
the media try to foist on the general public
as "funny"...or what the general public will
own up to doing to compete for cash(*).
Maybe they'll show the C-130 crash with a laugh
track next.

(*)I can't remember where I read this recently,
but someone said, "It's neither a privelege nor a duty
to appear on television."

Dave 'vultures' Hyde