Help Identify thanks

Old November 14th 10, 12:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default Help Identify thanks

Can't remember what this is and I can't find a photo of it on teh net. And I
can't speak French so going to the website loses me :-)

Can some one tell me what this is thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mystery.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	784.6 KB
ID:	45372
Old November 14th 10, 01:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

"Glenn" wrote in
eb.com:

Can't remember what this is and I can't find a photo of it on teh net.
And I can't speak French so going to the website loses me :-)

Can some one tell me what this is thanks.

Attachment saved: C:\mystery.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01CB83E4.D02AD040--

Off hand I would say, a airship gondola, need to look around for the which
and whos.
Old November 14th 10, 01:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Robert[_4_]

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:15:07 +1100, "Glenn"
wrote:

Can't remember what this is and I can't find a photo of it on teh net. And I
can't speak French so going to the website loses me :-)

Can some one tell me what this is thanks.

Looks like some sort of dirigible gondola?
Old November 14th 10, 01:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

"Glenn" wrote in
eb.com:

Can't remember what this is and I can't find a photo of it on teh net.
And I can't speak French so going to the website loses me :-)

Can some one tell me what this is thanks.

Attachment saved: C:\mystery.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01CB83E4.D02AD040--

If I read it correctly, its the rear gondola/control car of the
Zeppelin L-71/ LZ-113

French Air and Space Museum (French: Musée de l'Air et de l'Espace)
Old November 14th 10, 02:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"John Szalay" john.szalayATatt.net wrote in message
42...
"Glenn" wrote in
eb.com:

Can't remember what this is and I can't find a photo of it on teh net.
And I can't speak French so going to the website loses me :-)

Can some one tell me what this is thanks.

Attachment saved: C:\mystery.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01CB83E4.D02AD040--

If I read it correctly, its the rear gondola/control car of the
Zeppelin L-71/ LZ-113

French Air and Space Museum (French: Musée de l'Air et de l'Espace)

Excellent, thanks very much

Old November 14th 10, 08:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
D. St-Sanvain

Bonjour,

Glenn a écrit dans
web.com :
Can't remember what this is and I can't find a photo of it on teh net. And I
can't speak French so going to the website loses me :-)

Can some one tell me what this is thanks.

John said it, but here's some more :

http://www.pyperpote.tonsite.biz/lis...grande-galerie

http://www.museeairespace.fr/votre-v...eppelin-lz-113

More can be found here, but the page hosts "special effects galleries",
and the pictures are not so obvious :
http://www.museeairespace.fr/votre-v...-de-14-18.html

http://www.museeairespace.fr/uploads...l_14-18_22.jpg
http://www.museeairespace.fr/uploads...eppelin_01.jpg
http://www.museeairespace.fr/uploads...eppelin_02.jpg

Au revoir,

--
D520
Light aviation : http://tagazous.free.fr

Old November 14th 10, 10:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"D. St-Sanvain" wrote in message
Bonjour,

Glenn a écrit dans
web.com :
[...]

Thanks for your help guys.

While I have your attention, when i went there last year, I didn't see a lot
of aircraft. I thought I saw all the halls but I have no recollection of
seeing the Invader, Draken, Vatour to name a few. Did I just miss them or
were they located in a hanger some where else ?

Old November 14th 10, 12:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
D. St-Sanvain

Glenn a écrit :

While I have your attention, when i went there last year, I didn't see a lot
of aircraft. I thought I saw all the halls but I have no recollection of
seeing the Invader, Draken, Vatour to name a few. Did I just miss them or
were they located in a hanger some where else ?

Some a/c spend time in the workshops for restoration, or are kept in
storage, to give space to others...
What time of the year was it ?

Please Identify J.F. Aviation Photos 2 June 12th 09 05:16 PM
Please Identify J.F. Aviation Photos 7 May 2nd 08 05:13 PM
please help identify Reed Park Aviation Photos 5 January 6th 08 03:12 AM
Best way to identify fix? Roy Smith Instrument Flight Rules 17 March 30th 05 01:18 AM
Help me identify a logo Geoff Fox Military Aviation 8 April 18th 04 10:54 PM