Dick Johnson flight tests

Old June 1st 21, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default Dick Johnson flight tests

On 5/31/2021 5:39 PM, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 1:29:32 PM UTC-6, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 5/31/2021 3:12 PM, Semantics Michael wrote:
On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 10:03:03 AM UTC-5, jp wrote:
Are the Dick Johnson flight test reports on the new SSA website?

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 2:08:23 PM UTC-5, Semantics Michael wrote:
On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 10:03:03 AM UTC-5, jp wrote:
Are the Dick Johnson flight test reports on the new SSA website?

Yes, JP. After you log in, go to "News".....then, "Soaring Magazine online". On that page you'll see the link to the reports in the upper left--hand corner...

I am still awaiting the promised info on how to login to that area. I
can still login (over and over) to what is really the old web site
(members.ssa.org), but the Dick Johnson Reports page there is sending me
to the Magazine Online page which wants the newfangled login.

Send an e-mail to
Soaring Magazine Online is an SSA member resource. There is a link to all 'Johnson Reports' for user convenience.

Well turns out that the magazine login, at
https://magazine.ssa.org/
still uses my old login name and password, even though it is separate
from the "old web site" login at
https://members.ssa.org/
So there are at least 3 separate logins within the SSA web site, and
that's not counting the "store".

Once I got into the online magazine, clicked on the big "archives"
button, then on the "Johnson Reports" entry in the navigation menu in
the top left side of the page, and there it is!
Old June 1st 21, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

On 5/31/2021 7:25 PM, Moshe Braner wrote:
[...]

Soaring Magazine Online is an SSA member resource.Â* There is a link to
all 'Johnson Reports' for user convenience.

Well turns out that the magazine login, at
Â*Â*
Â*Â* https://members.ssa.org/
So there are at least 3 separate logins within the SSA web site, and
that's not counting the "store".

Once I got into the online magazine, clicked on the big "archives"
button, then on the "Johnson Reports" entry in the navigation menu in
the top left side of the page, and there it is!

Ahem, but when I click on one of the links, to get a specific Johnson
report (or Soaring Mag issue), not much happens. I get a blank page
that says "loading" forever. Tried two browsers.

Before the "new web site", I figured out that the URL for an issue was
something like this:
https://www.ssa.org/Archive/ViewIssu...=1988&month=02
and changing it to be like this:
https://www.ssa.org/Archive/Issue.as...=1988&month=02
worked, result in the PDF downloading, bypassing the "viewer".

But now in the "new web site" the URL looks like this:
https://magazine.ssa.org/viewer?y=2003&m=4&p=24&o=0
and it doesn't work and I can't seem to find a way to convert it to a
download link. If the viewer works for you, let me know what URL the
download button within it goes to?

Dick Johnson tests [email protected] Soaring 6 January 7th 18 04:36 PM
Dick Johnson Clint Soaring 4 June 6th 09 10:40 PM
Dick Johnson is gone. Burt Compton - Marfa Soaring 23 July 27th 08 05:38 PM
Johnson Flight Tests have been updated Greg Arnold Soaring 21 May 4th 05 05:23 PM
Dick Johnson - Genesis flight test Mark Soaring 0 November 24th 03 12:26 PM