A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

FAA Aircraft Re-registration

Old December 31st 20, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default FAA Aircraft Re-registration

Just tried to renew the registration on my Ka8 on line, and the page for your credit card payment would not load. I was using Chrome, Windows 10 machine. Changed over and tried using MS Edge, and the page loaded. Successful renewal of registration.

Anyone else had an issue with this using Chrome? It had worked for ones done two weeks ago. Wondering if this is a Flash issue? And if so, what will happen when MS Edge stops accepting Flash? Are people going to have to print out the forms and use (gasp!) stamps?!?!?

Steve Leonard
Old December 31st 20, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 12:37:52 PM UTC-7, Steve Leonard wrote:
Just tried to renew the registration on my Ka8 on line, and the page for your credit card payment would not load. I was using Chrome, Windows 10 machine. Changed over and tried using MS Edge, and the page loaded. Successful renewal of registration.

Anyone else had an issue with this using Chrome? It had worked for ones done two weeks ago. Wondering if this is a Flash issue? And if so, what will happen when MS Edge stops accepting Flash? Are people going to have to print out the forms and use (gasp!) stamps?!?!?

Steve Leonard

I would start by emptying your browser cache first.

Not a Flash issue, but uses javascript.

Frank Whiteley
Old January 1st 21, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

On 12/31/20 12:37 PM, Steve Leonard wrote:

Steve Leonard

Try the Brave browser, Steve.

--
Dan
5J
Old January 2nd 21, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 5:01:21 PM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
On 12/31/20 12:37 PM, Steve Leonard wrote:

Steve Leonard

Try the Brave browser, Steve.

--
Dan
5J

Renewed my ASW-20 registration on-line with $5 credit card payment on Chrome. No issues and had m y paper registration in hand through the USPS within a week a day after Christmas. Was kind of like a Christmas mircle.
Old January 2nd 21, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gianni Isotope
external usenet poster

Often when I have issues completing transactions in Chrome, I have fixed the issue by turning off pop-up and ad blockers for the particular page. Hope this works for you.
Old January 2nd 21, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster

No problems at all before Christmas renewing the FJ-1 and my club's Grob registrations using Chrome. Just started when I tried to renew the Ka8. Maybe that is because it was Old Dog Wolter's old Ka8. :-)

Worked fine in Edge, so not a big deal. Will try again in Chrome when the next batch of renewals come my way.

Steve Leonard