Flashing green

Old July 9th 04, 06:50 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"BillC85" wrote in message
It was a JOKE.

If you've never seen road traffic signals flashing, it could be a real
shocker...might make you think you're seeing things. That's what he was
talking about.

I wonder if Dan caught the distinction.

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Dan Thompson" wrote in message
. ..
Flashing green means cleared to taxi for aircraft on ground and return

for
landing for aircraft in flight. What kind of pilot's license did you

say
you have?

What does his pilot status have to do with TRAFFIC lights?

Old July 9th 04, 07:00 PM
Robert M. Gary

"BillC85" wrote in message ...
Yah, I think I was in Mexico when I saw the flashing green to red thing.

I never saw a road in Mexico, unless you count the area of the desert
that the cars have crushed the plants. Mexico is prime aviation
terriory. The roads are so bad that something that takes 3 hours to
fly to often takes a week or more to drive to.

-Robert
Old July 9th 04, 08:21 PM
BillC85

Good post and entirely true.

BTW I think they used an F-5 unless you're talking about the "simulated
MIGs". I think those were A4s.

ButIcouldbetotallywrong about both.

Bill

"Peter Weaver" wrote in message
m pautz wrote:
After reading the many previous posts, it is obvious that the flashing
green doesn't have a definitive answer. The flashing green system
really doesn't help if everyone thinks it means something different.

No, the flashing green in British Columbia has a definitive answer (see
http://www.icbc.com/Licensing/PDFs-C...7%20ch8web.pdf for the
answer if you really care to know). Just people are posting what a
flashing green in their area of the world means, or they are posting
what they think a flashing green means or they are posting what a
flashing green used to mean years ago. What else would you expect when
you ask a question in a newsgroup?

Q. What type of plane did they use for the MIG in Top Gun?
A1. The F-14 shots in that movie were great.
A2. Are they ever going to make a Top Gun II?
A3. They weren't real MIGs you know.
A4. They were Spitfires with a special paint job.
A5. I flew a F-4 during my service, that was the best plane they ever
made.
A6. A MIG 29 could shoot down a F-14 any day.
A7. Could not.
A8. Could too.
A9. Not.
A10. You can ride a MIG for a few $10,000 in Russia.
A11. Cruise did a better job in Rain Man.

--
Peter Weaver
Weaver Consulting Services Inc.

Old July 9th 04, 10:22 PM
Icebound

"Peter Weaver" wrote in message

No, the flashing green in British Columbia has a definitive answer (see
http://www.icbc.com/Licensing/PDFs-C...7%20ch8web.pdf

Yeah, too bad all the provinces don't have their rules on-line like that.
Ont wants $12.95 for the handbook.

Do you catch the odd Ontario out-of-towner, who thinks he has a free left
turn??

Old July 9th 04, 11:23 PM
Robert M. Gary

m pautz wrote:
After reading the many previous posts, it is obvious that the flashing
green doesn't have a definitive answer. The flashing green system
really doesn't help if everyone thinks it means something different.

No, the flashing green in British Columbia has a definitive answer (see
http://www.icbc.com/Licensing/PDFs-C...7%20ch8web.pdf for the
answer if you really care to know). Just people are posting what a
flashing green in their area of the world means, or they are posting
what they think a flashing green means or they are posting what a
flashing green used to mean years ago. What else would you expect when
you ask a question in a newsgroup?

That's interesting that it says the intersection is pedestrian
controlled. I could never correlate the existence of a cross walk with
the flashing green. There seemed to be exceptions on both sides. Sorry
I'm an engineer and prone to over analyze.

Q. What type of plane did they use for the MIG in Top Gun?
A1. The F-14 shots in that movie were great.
A2. Are they ever going to make a Top Gun II?
A3. They weren't real MIGs you know.
A4. They were Spitfires with a special paint job.
A5. I flew a F-4 during my service, that was the best plane they ever
made.
A6. A MIG 29 could shoot down a F-14 any day.
A7. Could not.
A8. Could too.
A9. Not.
A10. You can ride a MIG for a few $10,000 in Russia.
A11. Cruise did a better job in Rain Man.

I take the average.
Old July 10th 04, 01:34 AM
Dan Thompson

Just as I suspected ...

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
m...
"Dan Thompson" wrote in message

Flashing green means cleared to taxi for aircraft on ground and return

for
landing for aircraft in flight. What kind of pilot's license did you

say
you have?

I just hold a California class C non-commercial. I did consider
getting an M1 at one point. They seemed happy to accept it in Canada.

-Robert, CFI

Old July 10th 04, 02:28 AM
lance smith

Maybe Canadian planes don't have wings?

-lance smith

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message ...
"Dan Thompson" wrote in message
. ..
Flashing green means cleared to taxi for aircraft on ground and return for
landing for aircraft in flight. What kind of pilot's license did you say
you have?

What does his pilots have to do with TRAFFIC lights?

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
I just flew my Mooney up to Vancouver (this is somewhat aviation
related). When I got there I noticed that sometimes the traffic lights
were just green and other times they were flashing green. I asked many
locals what the difference was and none of them knew. Some thought it
was related to the crosswalks but I noted no cooreleation between an
intersection having a crosswalk or having someone pushing the walk
button and the flashing. Perhaps I'm just being a nerdy engineer but
I'm really curious if anyone in Canada knows what this means.

-Robert

Old July 10th 04, 03:41 AM
Teacherjh

Back when I took drivers-ed in the 60's, the book referenced "old"
traffic lights that only had a green and a red. A flashing green was
used to indicate the meaning of the modern yellow light.

In my neck of the woods (NYC area) we had red and green at the same time mean
yellow. Nothing flashed.

Jose

Old July 12th 04, 01:36 PM
m pautz

Peter Weaver wrote:
m pautz wrote:

[...]

Very funny :-)

You forgot A12.

A12. Me too

new cleaning product: Simple Green for aircraft [email protected] Owning 19 February 17th 05 06:15 AM
Green Hills Software Powers Next Generation of Military Unmanned . Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 July 20th 04 12:34 AM
Belly Cleaning...? zatatime Owning 48 July 6th 04 04:33 AM
Rotating Beacon vs. Flashing Beacon Mike Rapoport Owning 16 February 6th 04 11:05 PM
Photos of a GREEN F-117 in Palmdale, taken Jan 04 Wings Of Fury Military Aviation 3 January 20th 04 09:41 PM