Training aircraft recommendations

Old April 20th 04, 05:55 AM
Benjamin Gawert

Default Training aircraft recommendations

Since my knowledge about the different civilian aircraft models is somewhat
limited I'd need some hints. For pilot training I'm looking for aircrafts
that fullfils these requirements:

- retractable tricycle landing gear
- single piston or turboprop engine (high performance)
- tandem seat configuration with canpoy
- stick controlled
- left-hand throttle
- IFR capable
- allowed in the US for flight training use

Maybe someone here can give me some recommendations as to which aircraft
models would fit to these requirements.

Benjamin

Old April 20th 04, 06:04 AM
BTIZ

T-34.. Turbo Prop model would be T-34C

Or... the Pilatus PC-7

BT

Old April 20th 04, 06:14 AM
C J Campbell

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
Since my knowledge about the different civilian aircraft models is

somewhat
limited I'd need some hints. For pilot training I'm looking for aircrafts
that fullfils these requirements:

- retractable tricycle landing gear
- single piston or turboprop engine (high performance)
- tandem seat configuration with canpoy
- stick controlled
- left-hand throttle
- IFR capable
- allowed in the US for flight training use

In the US you can use any aircraft you want for flight training. However,
you will not find aircraft such as you described generally considered to be
trainers. In fact, most flight schools would think you are nuts.

Try starting out in something a little more reasonable (and insurable) and
working your way up.

Old April 20th 04, 02:49 PM
Benjamin Gawert

C J Campbell wrote:

Since my knowledge about the different civilian aircraft models is
somewhat limited I'd need some hints. For pilot training I'm looking
for aircrafts that fullfils these requirements:

- retractable tricycle landing gear
- single piston or turboprop engine (high performance)
- tandem seat configuration with canpoy
- stick controlled
- left-hand throttle
- IFR capable
- allowed in the US for flight training use

In the US you can use any aircraft you want for flight training.
However, you will not find aircraft such as you described generally
considered to be trainers. In fact, most flight schools would think
you are nuts.

Try starting out in something a little more reasonable (and
insurable) and working your way up.

I already have a flying experience in something smaller (i.e. C-172, Arrow
and Seneca) and even some faster aircrafts. And I have some personal reasons
for looking for an aircraft with the above properties.

Benjamin

Old April 20th 04, 02:54 PM
Benjamin Gawert

BTIZ wrote:

T-34.. Turbo Prop model would be T-34C

Or... the Pilatus PC-7

Thank You! Especially the T-34's seem to be what I'm looking for.

Benjamin
Old April 20th 04, 04:33 PM
Cecil Chapman

And I have some personal reasons
for looking for an aircraft with the above properties.

'Personal reasons' ???? How intimate a disclosure would it be to tell what
kind of aircraft you would like to fly.... Man ,,, you're creeping me
out..... :-/

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old April 20th 04, 05:33 PM
Michael

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote
Since my knowledge about the different civilian aircraft models is somewhat
limited I'd need some hints. For pilot training I'm looking for aircrafts
that fullfils these requirements:

- retractable tricycle landing gear
- single piston or turboprop engine (high performance)
- tandem seat configuration with canpoy
- stick controlled
- left-hand throttle
- IFR capable
- allowed in the US for flight training use

Maybe someone here can give me some recommendations as to which aircraft
models would fit to these requirements.

Airplanes such as you describe are not normally used for civilian
flight training, and are not common in the civilian fleet. If you
must use such an airplane, I suggest the T-34. It is a surplus
military trainer, but available used on the civil market. Be aware,
there are some killer AD's in the works.

Michael
Old April 20th 04, 05:37 PM
Benjamin Gawert

Cecil Chapman wrote:

And I have some personal reasons
for looking for an aircraft with the above properties.

'Personal reasons' ???? How intimate a disclosure would it be to
tell what kind of aircraft you would like to fly.... Man ,,, you're
creeping me out..... :-/

It's not just what I _want_ to fly, it's a bit more complicated and it also
has something to do with my job. As I said I already flew standard aircrafts
but they simply don't fit the needs for my training requirements.

Benjamin

Old April 20th 04, 05:37 PM
Benjamin Gawert

Michael wrote:

Airplanes such as you describe are not normally used for civilian
flight training, and are not common in the civilian fleet. If you
must use such an airplane, I suggest the T-34. It is a surplus
military trainer, but available used on the civil market. Be aware,
there are some killer AD's in the works.

Thanks for Your answer! Yes, I think the T-34 or T-34C would be the way to
go.

Benjamin