Victor Airways in Cessna G1000 T182T

Old April 30th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Victor Airways in Cessna G1000 T182T

I am fortunate enough to spend some time in my Uncle's new 2006 T182
with the Nav III G1000. Amazing stuff. But am spending time "head
down". Can't seem to find Victor airways. Lots of amazing stuff - XM
weather, echo tops, Metars/TAFs etc. But 530 had the V airways! As
not my plane - I cant RTFM. Looked a bit online, cant find.
Anyone know? Thx.

Old April 30th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Here is the page to download manuals
http://www.garmin.com/support/userMa...t=010-G1000-00

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

oups.com...

Old April 30th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On 30 Apr 2006 09:34:00 -0700, "
wrote:

I am fortunate enough to spend some time in my Uncle's new 2006 T182
with the Nav III G1000. Amazing stuff. But am spending time "head
down". Can't seem to find Victor airways. Lots of amazing stuff - XM
weather, echo tops, Metars/TAFs etc. But 530 had the V airways! As
not my plane - I cant RTFM. Looked a bit online, cant find.
Anyone know? Thx.

The G1000 doesn't include victor airways. Garmin doesn't think we
need them in the "GPS direct" world.
Old April 30th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On 30 Apr 2006 09:34:00 -0700, "
wrote:

I am fortunate enough to spend some time in my Uncle's new 2006 T182
with the Nav III G1000. Amazing stuff. But am spending time "head
down". Can't seem to find Victor airways. Lots of amazing stuff - XM
weather, echo tops, Metars/TAFs etc. But 530 had the V airways! As
not my plane - I cant RTFM. Looked a bit online, cant find.
Anyone know? Thx.

Oh, almost forgot - the Cessna G1000 manuals are available for
download at:

http://www.garmin.com/support/userMa...t=010-G1000-C3

Take care.
Old April 30th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

It does have all the intersections, so you can program
routes on the airways.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

Old April 30th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:48:03 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
wrote:

It does have all the intersections, so you can program
routes on the airways.

Is there an IFR GPS that doesn't include all the waypoints which
comprise an airway and thus facilitating hand entry of an airway?

I'm with what I'm sure the OP was really looking for, I wish G1000's
would take "BOS V3 HFD" into the flight plan and just fill it in
rather than having to enter all the waypoints by hand...
Old April 30th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

wrote:

It does have all the intersections, so you can program
routes on the airways.

Is there an IFR GPS that doesn't include all the waypoints which
comprise an airway and thus facilitating hand entry of an airway?

I'm with what I'm sure the OP was really looking for, I wish G1000's
would take "BOS V3 HFD" into the flight plan and just fill it in
rather than having to enter all the waypoints by hand...

Amen. It seems utterly braindead not to have that ability. The cost is
minimal in terms of either CPU time or storage space, and the convenience
is huge. I absolutely cannot understand why the G1000 does not support
that.
Old April 30th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

In article ,
Peter Clark wrote:
The G1000 doesn't include victor airways. Garmin doesn't think we
need them in the "GPS direct" world.

*sigh*

The closest thing you can do to fly an airway using the G1000 or 430/530 is
to enter the fixes along a airway. Also, if you need to intercept an airway you can enter in the previous fix along an airway, and then the next fix on
the airway, and then hit D- twice and it will fly that leg of the flight plan
which will put you towards the airway.

--
Steve Rubin / AE6CH / http://www.altdb.net/
Email: / N6441C / http://www.tch.org/~ser/
Old May 1st 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Jim Macklin wrote:
It does have all the intersections, so you can program
routes on the airways.

As does my Garmin handheld.

A robust IFR platform should have airways that load as easily as
entering them in an FAA flight plan.