Do you have to solo to get current?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 8th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skidder

Default Do you have to solo to get current?

As we all know, you can't carry a passenger unless you are current. But if
two pilots get in an aircraft with dual controls, can either of them really
be considered a passenger? You can log PIC from either seat.

Lets say, I have a PPL but am not current. My best friend has a PPL but is
not current. Both of us have a current medical? Is it legal for both of us to
get in an aircraft with dual controls, at the same time, shoot 6 take offs
and landings, 3 each, and log ourselves as current and split the flying time
in our logs?

Would be both absolutely have to have a current medical?

He is an attorney and says the way he reads the regs, that it's not exactly
clear. I myself don't know, but thought the group might enjoy debating the
question.

Along the same lines, if a PPL *is* current. Can he go for insurance check
ride with an instructor that is not, or doesn't have a current medilcal?

--
Skidder

First Solo W P Dixon Piloting 8 August 16th 06 05:07 AM
How do you keep current? Rachel Piloting 18 January 30th 06 01:24 AM
L33 Solo Jeff Runciman Soaring 1 November 14th 05 08:57 AM
1.4 solo.. Beav Rotorcraft 0 November 5th 04 12:27 AM
Solo in a 2-32 M B Soaring 3 September 30th 03 03:11 AM