SZD 48-3 or 59 at or near Warner Springs

Old April 5th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SZD 48-3 or 59 at or near Warner Springs

Hi All,

Does anyone have or know of a Jantar Std 3 (SZD 48-3) or an SZD-59
Acro at or near Warner Springs? I want Boyd Willat to make me one of
those super functional/convenient/awesome "Platinum" canopy covers
(http://www.easycanopycovers.com/, [I have no business affiliations])
for my ship, a 59, but he has not made one for this type yet and does
not have the canopy dimensions. There are only a dozen or so examples
of the 59 in the US with most in AZ, but the 48-3 uses forward fuse/
canopy (and other parts...), so it is more likely that there is a
Jantar 3 nearby. Giving a few static measurements of the compound
curved shape is not quite sufficient, as these caps fit rather snug so
an example canopy needs to be on hand to get it right for deriving the
correct dimensions, as these will also for future articles. If anyone
can point me to someone who may be able to point me to someone, or has
a friend of a friend etc...

Enjoying Spring,
Paul Hanson
(510) 535-1946

From Colorado Springs Steven Smith Soaring 0 August 1st 07 02:02 PM
Region 12 S. Warner Springs # 711 reporting [email protected] Soaring 3 August 12th 06 06:10 PM
Brief Hot Springs report Wiz Piloting 7 April 23rd 06 04:46 PM
AIRPLANE DESIGN PERFORMANCE Edward Warner [email protected] Home Built 0 October 28th 05 06:02 PM
Warner Springs CA to Jackass NV in a 1-26 BTIZ Soaring 0 August 23rd 05 03:14 AM