747 gear collapse crushes worker

Old November 22nd 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
JA_MORAN[_2_]

Default 747 gear collapse crushes worker

a mechanic was working on a boeing 747 at the Pinal air park near
Marana, Arizona, north of Tucson on west side of I-10 when the nose gear
collapsed trapping the worker in the wheel well. workers had to use a
crane to raise the aircraft and free the worker. he was transported to
hospital in critical condition

Pinal Air Park is where many airlines park aircraft they are not using
or no longer need, there is a companion place in the Mojave Desert town
of Barstow. here, you find aircraft from many of the world's airlines.
The place can be easily seen from the freeway.

At one time, this place used by the US CIA
Old November 23rd 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

JA_MORAN wrote:
a mechanic was working on a boeing 747 at the Pinal air park near
Marana, Arizona, north of Tucson on west side of I-10 when the nose gear
collapsed trapping the worker in the wheel well. workers had to use a
crane to raise the aircraft and free the worker. he was transported to
hospital in critical condition

And the relevance to r.a.p is???
Old November 23rd 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

a mechanic was working on a boeing 747 at the Pinal air park near
Marana, Arizona, north of Tucson on west side of I-10 when the nose gear
collapsed trapping the worker in the wheel well. workers had to use a
crane to raise the aircraft and free the worker. he was transported to
hospital in critical condition

And the relevance to r.a.p is??? You gotta be kidding me. Give the net
nanny act a rest.

It is about an aviation accident. Someone here might even know the guy,
since he works on aircraft, you know.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 23rd 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Matt Whiting writes:

JA_MORAN wrote:
a mechanic was working on a boeing 747 at the Pinal air park near
Marana, Arizona, north of Tucson on west side of I-10 when the nose gear
collapsed trapping the worker in the wheel well. workers had to use a
crane to raise the aircraft and free the worker. he was transported to
hospital in critical condition

And the relevance to r.a.p is???

The 'a' in r.a.p stands for "aviation."
Old November 23rd 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jules

Matt Whiting wrote:
And the relevance to r.a.p is???

Did you accidentally post to to wrong thread?
Meant to do it in the compressed air car thread?
Or the Test drove electric car thread?
Oh, noooo, you contributed something different there.

You're joking here, right?

Jules

Old November 23rd 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.travel.air, rec.aviation.piloting
F. Baum

On Nov 22, 3:58 pm, JA_MORAN wrote:
a mechanic was working on a boeing 747 at the Pinal air park near
Marana, Arizona, north of Tucson on west side of I-10 when the nose gear
collapsed trapping the worker in the wheel well. workers had to use a
crane to raise the aircraft and free the worker. he was transported to
hospital in critical condition

As a side note, It is SOP at most airlines that the gear is pinned
when maintenence is being performed. Wonder if they have this policy
at these storage facilities. Hope the guy makes it.
FB
Old November 24th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Matt Whiting writes:

JA_MORAN wrote:
a mechanic was working on a boeing 747 at the Pinal air park near
Marana, Arizona, north of Tucson on west side of I-10 when the nose
gear collapsed trapping the worker in the wheel well. workers had
to use a crane to raise the aircraft and free the worker. he was
transported to hospital in critical condition

And the relevance to r.a.p is???

The 'a' in r.a.p stands for "aviation."

So what ar you doung here fjukkwit?

You don't aviate