Headset recommendation

Old August 9th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Russ and/or Martha Oppenheim

Default Headset recommendation

I've decided to upgrade my old Telex headset, and have narrowed my choices
to the Bose X or the David Clark X11. Any comments, positive or negative,
about either of these two headsets? Thanks.

Martha

Old August 9th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Russ and/or Martha Oppenheim" wrote:

I've decided to upgrade my old Telex headset, and have narrowed my choices
to the Bose X or the David Clark X11. Any comments, positive or negative,
about either of these two headsets? Thanks.

My Bose X beats the pants off the Telex and Lightspeed sets I also own, no
contest.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old August 9th 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tony roberts

I've decided to upgrade my old Telex headset, and have narrowed my choices
to the Bose X or the David Clark X11. Any comments, positive or negative,
about either of these two headsets? Thanks.

David Clark X-11
Great headset.
Bulletproof Warranty.
Best History and reputation.
No need to offer gimmicks to sell their product.
No contest - I have flown both.

David Clark X-11

Tony
C-GICE

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old August 9th 07, 06:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"tony roberts" wrote

No contest - I have flown both.

David Clark X-11

I'm curious. You seem to be going against the stream, by not picking the
Bose.

What are the qualities that make you choose this way?
--
Jim in NC

Old August 13th 07, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tony roberts

Hi Jim

I found the DC's to be more comfortable - they stayed put - the Bose
kept slipping and I had to keep sliding them back into position.

The D C's clarity was superior when listening to transmissions,

The DC's appeared to be much more robust - I had the impression that
they would stand up better,

And after winning all of those areas - they were almost $300.00 less.

Tony
C-GICE

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

Old August 9th 07, 06:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Hilton

Also take a look at this one: http://www.zuluseries.com

Old August 9th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Also take a look at this one:http://www.zuluseries.com

Interesting that I didn't see these at OSH. They look fantastic.

Bluetooth cell phone interface? Pretty nifty, but I sure wish they
would take the next step, and connect the headset to the plane via
Bluetooth. THAT would be cool.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 9th 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

They are way cool. LS had them on the booth for testing.

but I sure wish they
would take the next step, and connect the headset to the plane via
Bluetooth. THAT would be cool.

IMHO, the jury is still very much out on whether that would be a step
forward. I'm anything but old-fashioned, but I think that is one of the
few cases where I would want a cable connection.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 9th 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

They are way cool. LS had them on the booth for testing.

Dang. I can't believe I missed them -- but we've been so happy with
our 3Gs that I never even looked at headsets this year. (I didn't
even do my usual "Walk-into-Bose-tent-let-them-schmooze-me-try-them-on-
marvel-at-the-price-and-leave" routine this year...)

WRT to the new Zulu model, I just hope Lightspeed learned from their
quality control issues. They learned a hard lesson with their early
models, and pilots aren't going to have any patience with an $850
headset if it isn't durable.

Old August 9th 07, 11:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Russ,

and have narrowed my choices
to the Bose X or the David Clark X11. Any comments, positive or negative,
about either of these two headsets?

I don't think the DC comes anywhere near the Bose - both in design and ANR.
OTOH, Bose does not offer music input.

Also, right now, I'd definitely wait until September to also try the new
Lightspeed Zulu, which clearly aims to be a "Bose killer".

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Need 12v Outlet Recommendation Kyle Boatright Home Built 5 July 28th 07 04:42 PM
HSI Recommendation? randall g Owning 6 June 13th 07 09:22 PM
ELT Recommendation Dean Owning 3 April 26th 06 09:08 AM
Headset recommendation (Lightspeed L1 and LightFlight Mach 1) Gerald Sylvester Piloting 0 October 27th 05 06:12 AM
ASW 20 Recommendation? Eric Greenwell Soaring 1 August 11th 03 06:56 AM