IFR trip to Baton Rouge LA with ATC COMS - Video

Old June 20th 09, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
A Lieberma[_2_]

Default IFR trip to Baton Rouge LA with ATC COMS - Video

IFR trip to KBTR Baton Rouge LA to meet up with a friend for lunch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LV4u1HQaRE

Video goes from take off to shut down. Must have been a busy day at
KBTR with approach asking for best forward speed so I did 110 knot
final and Tower asking for a no delay exit off the runway. Always
fascinates me how ATC can work me in with the faster traffic!

Felt good to return to the airways :-) after a month of down time.
Old June 22nd 09, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
BeechSundowner

Progressive Taxiing - Return from KBTR - Video with ATC COMS

Return trip from Baton Rouge LA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ill93roZh3I

The lack of the plane starting warranted a tow down to maintenance.
Once the starting problem was fixed I picked up my IFR clearance with
KBTR Ground.

The video is focused on the progressive taxi instructions I received
from ground with a progress path shown on the airport layout starting
from the bottom right.

I had a friend with me who also is a pilot and I included our
conversation while taxiing since there were two "noobs" bumbling
around on the ground. The person handling us did great on easing the
stress getting from maintenance to the end of the runway by calling my
turns per my request. Dunno about others based in uncontrolled
airports but operating on the ground for me at towered airports gives
me the willies :P

Video ends with my IFR cancellation with KJAN approach.