Twin Beech type club?

Old June 30th 09, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Heath Roberts

Default Twin Beech type club?

Does anyone know if there's still a Twin Beech (Beech 18) type club?
Old July 1st 09, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul H

On Jun 30, 1:54*pm, Heath Roberts wrote:
Does anyone know if there's still a Twin Beech (Beech 18) type club?

I don't know of one dedicated just to the model 18. There is a good-
sized general Beech Owners/flyers forum at BeechTalk.com, and several
of those people either own, fly, or would like to fly the 18.
Old July 2nd 09, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article
,
Paul H wrote:

On Jun 30, 1:54*pm, Heath Roberts wrote:
Does anyone know if there's still a Twin Beech (Beech 18) type club?

I don't know of one dedicated just to the model 18. There is a good-
sized general Beech Owners/flyers forum at BeechTalk.com, and several
of those people either own, fly, or would like to fly the 18.

Try the Staggerwing Assn. John Parrish, the angel behind that assn. has
a PRISTINE, polished 18 also.

Old July 2nd 09, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Heath Roberts

In case anyone else is looking, I also found http://beech18.net/
Old July 13th 09, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Jun 30, 2:54*pm, Heath Roberts wrote:
Does anyone know if there's still a Twin Beech (Beech 18) type club?

Heath,
Yes there is a Beech 18 type club. It is a division of the Beechcraft
Heritage Museum (beechcraftheritagemuseum.org) Tullahoma, TN. We have
a Beech 18 Musuem there with 3 Model 18s (1938 S18D CF-BKO in Prairie
Airways finish, 1954 C-45H N7916A in USN marks, & 1959 E18S N712JS) on
display along with numerous Beech 18 exhibits. Also at that website
you'll find details of our annual Beech Party 2009 Oct 7-11 and how to
order the terrific 2004 570-page book "Beech 18: A Civil & Military
History" with 730 photos (350 in color) of Beech 18s.

As the Historian for the group I'm always glad to try and answer any
Beech 18 related questions including histories of any of the 8,980
Model 18s, where they are today, and photos of many of them.

Regards,
Bob Parmerter