A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

I need help with PowerFlarm problem

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 19th 14, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy K
external usenet poster

Default I need help with PowerFlarm problem

Here is my configuration:
PowerFlarm brick and Trig T22 mod S transponder. PowerFlarm configured with the transponder code to disregard it.

I get constant notifications of my own transponder; yesterday probably 100 times, not kidding. I will have to unplug LX9000 from the PowerFlarm as it is not possible to use it as the PowerFlarm warnings just take over the screen.

I have had this problem with ASG-29 and ASH-26E. In the first glider the PowerFlarm antenna was set up high over the glare shield in the second glider (the 26E) the PowerFlarm antenna is in the fuselage cone as front part of the fuselage does not have any carbon. The 26E has a transponder antenna at the gear door. There is no carbon interference between the two antennas. I have good coverage as proven by experience flying with others.
Any help how to get to the root cause of this problem is appreciated. I can accept sporadic alerts but yesterday it was simply unacceptable.

On the other hand it was really nice to see a couple of twins with ADS-B out doing big circles around me.

AK