Importing a used sailplane from Europe

Old October 18th 04, 04:09 PM
juggle5

Default Importing a used sailplane from Europe

I am located in the US. Does anyone out there have any
experience with purchasing and importing a used sailplane
from the UK or Europe, into the US. If so, and you would
be willing to share your experiences, please contact me at

Thanks Ken

--
juggle5
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

Old October 19th 04, 07:14 AM
juggle5

Actually it isn't too bad when you are purchasing a $15k sailplane

Old October 19th 04, 11:20 PM
cernauta

juggle5 wrote:

I am located in the US. Does anyone out there have any
experience with purchasing and importing a used sailplane
from the UK or Europe, into the US.

Type the words
- used glider USA import
into a search engine (set it to search the groups), and you'll get a
lot of information.

Aldo Cernezzi
Old October 20th 04, 07:54 AM
Andre Volant

Mr."Slick" if you don't have anything interesting to say please keep
your stupid comments to yourself. "Juggle5" is not asking about
exchange rate, or is it good or bad idea.
Please note that the man is asking for GOOD INFORMATION from people
who have experience and who can write more then one sentence.
This man IS NOT asking for stupid comments from people who know
nothing, who waist averybody's time.
Next time think of something interesting, write about half page of
text, so we all can enjoy reading.
Andre

Old October 20th 04, 08:41 AM
Jim Vincent

I am located in the US. Does anyone out there have any
experience with purchasing and importing a used sailplane
from the UK or Europe, into the US. If so, and you would
be willing to share your experiences, please contact me at

Thanks Ken

Ken, it's a fun project management exercise. E-mail on the way.

Jim Vincent
N483SZ
illspam
Old October 20th 04, 07:15 PM
Wallace Berry

In article ,
juggle5 wrote:

Actually it isn't too bad when you are purchasing a $15k sailplane

--
juggle5
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

Been there, done that as they say. It's easy to do. If the glider is in
a trailer, have it shipped via car carrier (Roll-on Roll-off, also known
as a RO-RO), not a container ship.

This has been discussed at length in this newsgroup.Use Google to search
the newsgroup archives and you will get a ton of info.

--
Take out the airplane for reply