Christopher Reeve...RIP

Old October 12th 04, 02:35 AM
Stewart Kissel

Default Christopher Reeve...RIP

I had a chance to meet him after his horse riding accident...and
we chatted about soaring. He had a very positive attitude
about the direction things were heading for him.
http://acro.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/awards.pl

Old October 12th 04, 01:47 PM
ZASoars

When I lived in the U.K. for a period during the late 70's I remember a
newspaper headline to the effect that "Superman Makes a Forced Landing " -
Christopher Reeve had made an outlanding in a glider at a military airfield
somewhere in the middle of England if I remember it correctly. He did what so
many of us still love doing .
Old October 21st 04, 05:18 PM
Peter Wyld

At 13:42 21 October 2004, Nimbuskull wrote:

So, Where did superman learn to fly?

No idea, but he had a glider which was shared by a
buddy of mine, at Booker (EGTB) UK, for several years.
Nice guy.

Old October 22nd 04, 06:19 AM
Mike Brooks

Peter Wyld wrote in message ...
At 13:42 21 October 2004, Nimbuskull wrote:

So, Where did superman learn to fly?

No idea, but he had a glider which was shared by a
buddy of mine, at Booker (EGTB) UK, for several years.
Nice guy.

I'm part owner of a Pilatus B4 that he borrowed to get his Silver C.
It was based at Rosamond, California at the time. I've got a copy of
handwritten correspondence dated 10/1979 that the previous owner gave
to me which says - " ... I'll probably be bringing my ASW19 home from
England next year, so see you around the skies of Rosamond."

Another article in Pacific Flyer (looks like a West Coast newspaper)
from November 1979 states that he owned an A36 Bonanza as well as an
ASW19B and had been flying for four years.

Mike Brooks