LX MiniMap With SeeYou Mobile and Stick Control/Keyboard Control

Old June 27th 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glen Kelley[_2_]

Default LX MiniMap With SeeYou Mobile and Stick Control/Keyboard Control

My partner and I are considering the LX MiniMap with either the keyboard option and/or the stick control option as a way of avoiding some of the touch screen mis-hits we experience with SeeYou Mobile on PNA/PDA.

It is unclear from the manuals how much the keyboard/stick control let you avoid using the touchscreen interface.

Any comments from recent users? We would like to stay with SYM. Thanks.
Old June 29th 12, 05:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

You are leaving out the vario that completes the system and has two displays for information that can be configured in several ways. I much prefer the stick controller over the little keyboard, I had both and returned the keyboard. The net effect is that you spend much less time looking at the mini-map and when you do it's more of a quick glance to verify something. For example you can select final glide with a thumb press and if you have configured it to do so it will show your calculated arrival height. Another thumb press will show you the next landable field's arrival height on the vario's screen. A thumb press can also bring up a sorted list of landable fields with arrival height, but that will require looking at the minimap screen. All in all you interact a whole lot less with the minimap and much more with the vario screens. Really good combination I think. The manual sucks, and you will want to set up the system at home at first if possible as there is a learning curve you might want to experience at home and not in the cockpit.

Brian
Old June 30th 12, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glen Kelley[_2_]

On Friday, June 29, 2012 12:50:29 AM UTC-4, brianDG303 wrote:
[...]

Brian,

Thanks for the report. We have a V7, so not sure that we would get the interaction with the stick with the LXNAV vs LX Navigation device. Do the stick and keyboard do exactly the same thing or do the rotary knobs give you some other function?
Old July 1st 12, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

On Friday, June 29, 2012 7:10:23 PM UTC-7, Glen Kelley wrote:
[...]

Gene,
The stick controller replaces the buttons. The stick controller has a cruise/climb button in the trigger position that you will be able to connect to the V7 but that is probably all the connection you will get to it. However that can be useful. You will be able to perform most of the PDA function with the stick controller but not all. For example you will be able to map buttons to pages, scroll up and down through the landable field and other lists, zoom in and out, etc. It makes a difference.
Old July 2nd 12, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glen Kelley[_2_]

Thanks Brian. That makes sense. I take it you find the MiniMap to pretty decent in the sunlight?
Old July 3rd 12, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

Yes, I am quite happy with it but I think it is a subjective thing. I was pretty happy with the HP310 screen and this is much brighter.

Old January 6th 14, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi,
A friend is currently setting up minimap pro, V7, with lx navigation remote stick.
We have LK8000 ( lxnavigation version) on it, but are very curious if it would work as good with SeeYou Mobile.
We have Colibri II as gps1 and flarm redbox as gps2.

Could you share any info and experience until now please?
Especially in combination with SeeYou Mobile...

Thank you very much

Hans
Old January 10th 14, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian[_5_]

Hi Hans,
I've tried putting SeeYou on the minimap pro, but without much success.
Size of nav box's, and screen orientation where amongst the problems I had.
Gave up in the end, and am sticking with LK8000.
Cheers
Ian K