WINPILOT WOES

Old March 7th 05, 02:27 AM

Default WINPILOT WOES

All,
I'm fairly new to using an Ipaq and Winpilot Pro (connected to a
Cambridge 302/303 for GPS input) as my flight computer. My previous
experience was with an SN-10. The more I fly with this combination the
less satisfied I become. On the ground and in simulator mode
everything seems to work fine. But in the air, especially after I have
been flying for a few hours Winpilot seems to bog down. It appears as
if it is being overloaded with data, or is being overwhelmed in some
fashion because it sometimes takes almost a minute after thermalling to
realize I'm in straight flight again and update the moving map. In
addition, if I try changing the Macready setting after flying for a
while, I have to pause at least 5 seconds between taps on the screen
for it to "repaint" with the new value. On my longest flight with this
setup it actually blanked out entirely and I had to do a hard reset in
the air to get it back on line.
The handheld is an Ipaq 3835, and if I remember correctly I installed
an additional 16M of memory in it's expansion slot.
Does anyone with more experience with this (common) computer/software
setup have some advice that might help me out? I'm hoping I simply
just have a setting wrong somewhere.
Respectfully,

Old March 8th 05, 02:58 AM
Gary

You need to disable your infared port. It is enabled from the factory.

Go to WinPilot.com

Go to FAQ's at the main web page. Check out the second paragraph. This
problem was found a couple of seasons ago.

Gary