F-14 saved my life

Old July 28th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Amir - Iranian F-4 pilot

Default F-14 saved my life

F-14 saved my life
In july 1987, our tactical airbase in Bushehr decided to bomb an iraqi
radar near persian gulf coast, this radar troubled us a lot

during war with Iraq, our design team planned a mission in which I had
been chosen for bombing the radar with F-4E phantom and

my air support was an F-14 Tomcat.
We got the plan and prepared for the mission and so did F-14 crew. The
mission day came and we got ready for it, my phantom was

fully loaded and accompanying F-14, I had formation flight with F-14.
We went over persian gulf in the defined path, I was very close to
F-14 so as I could see its crew well, F-14 started to scan the area

with its powerfull AN/AWG-9 radar, it hasn't passed a long tme that
F-14 pilot informed me of coming 2 Iraqi planes from long

range,so I decided to decrease my altitude and devolve the adventure
to our F-14, since I had no air-to-air missile I was concerned,

but F-14 crew assured me that there is no stew, it was armed with
AIM-54,AIM-7 and AIM-9, the F-14 pilot alarmed me again and

entered air engagement, meanwhile I saw F-14 fired its first
missile_AIM-54_ , after passing a few seconds I saw a long white
smoke

behind F-14 wing showing its second fire, fortunately F-14 downed
those aircrafts and we got the radar and I dropped my bombs

and came back,
on our path, F-14 warned me of some unknown aircrafts long range to
us, I think they were US Navy planes flying over their ships,

F-14 could see them obviously on its radar....
I haven't forgotten this memory so far, if the f-14 hadn't accompanied
me , i wouldn't have been alive now, and I never didn't see

retirement days....

Old August 3rd 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
a425couple

"Amir - Iranian F-4 pilot" wrote
if the f-14 hadn't accompanied me , i wouldn't
have been alive now, and I never didn't see retirement days....

Just a comment from a lurker (normally):
I appreciate your posts,
and I'm happy for you that you are alive and
enjoying retirement.

Old August 5th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Dean A. Markley

Amir - Iranian F-4 pilot wrote:
[...]

Nice story Amir, thanks!