Flight Fantastic Airshow, Edinburgh, Scotland - "Stolp Starduster Too.jpg" 74.1 kBytes yEnc

Old October 13th 07, 08:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Moorman

Default Flight Fantastic Airshow, Edinburgh, Scotland - "Stolp Starduster Too.jpg" 74.1 kBytes yEnc

In article ,
"Willem Van der Voort" wrote:

yEnc is aright if you send very large files, in this case the gain is
minimum.

Thanks for the information , Willem.
Old October 14th 07, 06:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 18:16:45 +0200, "Willem Van der Voort"
wrote:

"Rick Merrill" schreef in bericht
Willem Van der Voort wrote:
"Peter Hucker" schreef in bericht

Is it possible not to use yEnc in the future, so everybody can enjoy your
pictures
Thanks, Willem

That was JPEG.

I know, it was a JPG file yEnc encoded.

I program computers since 1979.

I am familiar with the terms pixels per inch (ppi). dots per inch (dpi)
lines per inch (lpi)

I know also how to resize and compress files, even how to make a pallet with
reduced colors ets..

And yet you can't decode yenc? Pathetic.

The request was NOT to decode in yEnc so everybody could see the pictures.

yEnc is aright if you send very large files, in this case the gain is
minimum.

Stop moaning or I'll use bitmap incase someone doesn't have a jpeg
decoder yet.
--
This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. It's because I hate plants.
Old October 14th 07, 08:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
gotbent

It seems a bit blurry and overexposed Peter. Did you hand-hold the shot or
use a tripod?

Old October 15th 07, 08:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Peter Hucker wrote in
:

Stop moaning or I'll use bitmap incase someone doesn't have a jpeg
decoder yet.

Not all that many years ago, my old Amiga 4000 lacked that very decoder.
Then it got a (slow) one...

Old October 15th 07, 10:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 07:57:13 GMT, Bob Harrington
wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote in
:

Stop moaning or I'll use bitmap incase someone doesn't have a jpeg
decoder yet.

Not all that many years ago, my old Amiga 4000 lacked that very decoder.
Then it got a (slow) one...

On the subject of yenc, I just flicked through a batch of yenc photos,
and they popped up over three times faster than the uu ones. Either
it's cause they're smaller, or the processing required is faster.
--
This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Old October 15th 07, 01:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Doc Savage

On Mon 15 Oct 2007 10:22:27a Peter Hucker wrote in
:

wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote in
m:

Stop moaning or I'll use bitmap incase someone doesn't have a jpeg
decoder yet.

Not all that many years ago, my old Amiga 4000 lacked that very
decoder. Then it got a (slow) one...

On the subject of yenc, I just flicked through a batch of yenc photos,
and they popped up over three times faster than the uu ones. Either
it's cause they're smaller, or the processing required is faster.

The encoding is 30% smaller than with Unicode.
Old October 15th 07, 06:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:31:53 +0100, Doc Savage
wrote:

On Mon 15 Oct 2007 10:22:27a Peter Hucker wrote in
:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 07:57:13 GMT, Bob Harrington
wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote in
:

Stop moaning or I'll use bitmap incase someone doesn't have a jpeg
decoder yet.

Not all that many years ago, my old Amiga 4000 lacked that very
decoder. Then it got a (slow) one...

On the subject of yenc, I just flicked through a batch of yenc photos,
and they popped up over three times faster than the uu ones. Either
it's cause they're smaller, or the processing required is faster.

The encoding is 30% smaller than with Unicode.

The pictures come up instantly in Agent if they're yenced. UUs take
about a second. I'd say the difference is something like a factor of
3 or 4.
--
This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

A guy goes to a psychiatrist.
"I'm in love with my horse," says the guy. "I desire my horse!"
"I see," says the shrink. "What kind of horse is it? Male or female?"
"Female of course! Do I look like some sort of pervert?"